“I'm in Love”

Cuisines: American
Utah
“I'm in Love”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Maui Grown Coffee Company was practically perfect. Best coffee I have had in a long time.
The location is great--away from the craziness of Front Street. Parking is ample and easy.
Great front porch for relaxing and enjoying your morning latte while gazing at the beautiful
Maui Moutains.
I like my coffee in a ceramic mug which they didn't have but...they did sell mugs with their logo
on them. So I bought one, used it each day of our stay and am taking it home as a souvenir.
Staff was very friendly and laid back. You won't be disappointed

• Visited June 2014

Saskatoon, Canada
“great coffee”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

It's the only place I have ever patronized where the person at the till refused a tip--he said they were paid enough.

The coffee was delicious, the goodies were delicious as well. And the person who labelled the goodies had a wonderful sense of ha-ha.

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best coffee in Maui”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place was exactly what I expected and wanted. The Mokka and Peaberry were the best. Either buy it to make back at your condo, or have it there. In Toronto (where I live), I pay 5x the price that I get it at the Maui store. So you can image my delight.

As a true coffee shop, they only do coffee. Breakfasts and snacks are meagre. But that is ok with me.

They are affiliated with the only coffee farm (there are a couple of other very small farms) in Maui, which is just north of the store, and a great visit if you are a coffee lover. The staff are knowledgable and engaging for those that want to chat about the complexities of coffee.

Note that they close at 5pm and they are closed on Sundays.

• Visited May 2014
Central Coast California
“Thumbs down -- Even their tv commercial shows it is machine picked.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Maui Grown Coffee Company, Lahainaluna Road, Lahaina, Maui, HI --- March 2014....I did not drink coffee at the store, I only bought prepackaged whole bean coffee. There is a coffee farm, but not at this location. This is just the store front. I honestly did not like the coffee. I tried two different kinds to be sure. I grind my own and brew it fresh but the result was not what I was hoping for. My suspicions were confirmed when I was watching the Maui travel channel in my rental and saw a commercial for this place with a huge tractor / machine picking the beans. I’m sorry but a machine cannot tell the difference between ripe and unripe coffee beans which results in a much “different” taste than handpicked. Immature beans can add a bitter or sour taste to the coffee. I returned to the store to see if they offered handpicked coffee and I did not see any available. However, down the street at a grocery store I did find some handpicked 100% Kona whole bean. I strongly recommend seeking out handpicked estate grown coffee, and buying whole bean to ensure nothing was “added,” and grinding your own every morning. I'm not saying they add filler to their coffee, but it happens with some well known brands. I travel with a coffee grinder and recommend all coffee drinkers do the same. You have not lived until you drink small batch farmed whole bean coffee. Big agro has literally ruined the taste of coffee in my honest opinion. I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings or harm a business with this review, just help fellow travelers seek out a good experience. I hope my review helped….aloha.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank California_Wine
Vancouver, Canada
“Superb Coffee”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Great variety of coffee good prices. Always helpful and will gibe you samples to try all the various coffees that they sell. Always bring some back home with me.