“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

portland,or
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband, 6 year old son and I did a snorkel trip with Mel a few weeks ago. I have such strong, fond memories of the experience. Mel took us to a beautiful reef, and we were the only ones out there for the entire time. The biologists are ocean experts-they will check the daily conditions and find the perfect spot for your outing. We saw several turtles, amazing fish and many types of coral. My son had never snorkeled before, and Mel made him feel so comfortable and confident. If you want to introduce your kids to snorkeling, this is a great way to do it. My son was floating on a boogie board for the longer range snorkeling and Mel pushed him (on the board) for the entire hour and a half we were out on the water! Before the snorkeling part of the trip, we sat on the beach and Mel brought out several teaching aids, including a little kit that my son could bring home to teach his friends what he had learned about sea turtles.He also has an underwater camera to record what you've seen- you can download the photos afterward. Not an inexpensive outing, but well worth the expense for the individual attention, access to lesser known snorkeling spots, great photos of your trip, etc. Highly recommended!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank Averil P

Chandler, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Maui Snorkeling Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are REPEAT CLIENTS to Ocean Project because they deliver the BEST snorkel experience or any "project" you sign up for with them. They tell us what beach to meet them at after they decide the best location for the day and project we have reserved. We just show up and they have all gear and wetsuits ready for us along with all kinds of visual aids to teach our kids about marine life we see. They are our personal snorkel instructors and guide us along the reef to where they know we will see beautiful corals, fish, and even turtles! We ALWAYS go snorkeling with them on our vacations to Maui. We have snorkeled with instructors Mel, Ct, and Cory, who are all incredibly patient with our kids and educated about Maui marine life. They deliver individualized, PRIVATE ATTENTION just for our family. We have had wonderful, successful experiences every year we visit Maui and they are the highlights of our trips! We learned to surf with Cory. We learned to boogie board with Mel. My husband and I have gone scuba diving with Mel and Ct. Our son went on his first scuba dive this year with Mel. LOOK NO FURTHER- this will be the most memorable Maui experience you have on your vacation!

3 Thank kjlemire
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snorkel Maui with the Ocean Project!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Snorkeling at its VERY BEST on Maui for FAMILIES with kids or teenagers. The Ocean Project offers marine education woven right into their private snorkel tours for your family. You are treated to the knowledge of a marine biologist, excellent tear including a wet suit that keeps you warm, and professional care that makes you feel like an expert.

This activity is a bit more difficult to find, but is A MUST FOR ALL FAMILIES!

Ask for Mel, Cory or CT, our family has had all three of them as guides over the years and they are everything everyone write about them on tripadvisor.

3 Thank mary t
Kula, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snorkeling For Families!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the BEST MONEY we invested on Maui. A FUN activity that our entire family is still talking about! Our teenagers are hard to please too.
Ocean Project, we discovered on Tripadvisor. This is a marine education project and much much more. A marine biologist teaches your family about the marine life you will see on your snorkel and then guides you snorkeling. Great for beginners like Mom, and FABULOUS EXPERIENCE for teenagers who want adventure and fast paced learning. Don't miss this activity!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank rebecca123456
Nassau, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The original Ocean Project snorkeling with Mel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I just had to write a review regarding my experience with Mel from the Original
Ocean project based in Maui.
I never write any reviews, but this one is so well deserved.
I am not a swimmer,I barely swin in a pool that's over 5 ft.
I was absolutely petrified to do snorkeling.
My niece paid for our excursion.
And I felt I just had to honor her request to go snorkeling.
Boy, am I glad I did! I had an amazing time,experience.
I never thought I would be snorkeling and seeing the coral reefs, so many fantastic species
Of fish , gigantic turtles, and an endangered monk seal thrown in.
Mel,was a thoughtful educator. He totally prepared us for our first snorkeling experience. He was with us the entire time.
All is can say is, if you want an amazing, life enhancing, experience-
Call Mel.
Thanks Mel.
Here's further information:
Mel - tel # 808-667-6706
Email:www.theoceanproject.net
PS: don't be fooled by imitators.
These folks are the real deal. One on one.

Gaby