“So good!!!”

Ono Tacos
Ranked #28 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Good Food. Good Friend. Good Time. If you want to taste the best tacos in maui Come to eat the best mexican food.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon on Maui, and Ono Tacos was probably our favorite place that we ate at. It's so good, we ate there three times during our trip. While we sat and ate we noticed a lot of people coming in also mentioned this was their second, third, etc. time to Ono Tacos while on their trip.

It's just good, authentic Mexican food. Prices are pretty reasonable for Maui, and the portions are huge. We tried the fish tacos (huge chunks of Ono - so good!), the carne asada burrito, the carne asada & shrimp burrito, and the carne asada tacos. Everything was excellent but our favorite was the steak & shrimp burrito. Their beans and rice are also very yummy.

Definitely go here, you won't regret it!

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

A mom and pop version of the chain "maui tacos". Tacos are cheaper but don't real wow me since I've had better in California and even Canada. Their fish tacos aren't battered but grilled and lack flavor. The shrimp used are quite small but you really can't complain given the low prices.

However don't bother going here if you're staying far from Lahaina at it is NOT worth the drive. So folks staying at Kihei or Wailea don't even bother!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

After arriving at Sheraton,my kids and I were starving,but not sure what we wanted to eat.My daughter looked up online to see where was the good and resonable place to eat within the short drive from Sheraton.
She found OnoTacos and we rushed to go there because it was already 8:30pm.(This place closes at 9pm.)Fish tacos were great!We used to live in San Diego,so we had great fish tacos all the time,but we could get almost the same or better tacos at Ono Tacos.We went back there a few times during we stayed in Maui.
Everything is expensive in Maui,so this place saves you money,and yet you can get a great food.

1  Thank MFISF
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Limited choice for vegetarians but then again we have resigned to this fact that we are not going to get as many choices outside of India..but the veggie roll we ordered was absolutely smashing !

1  Thank Bhau
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I had a quiet Friday night at the Sheraton and wanted to eat locally but despite having a some beautiful meals in Maui, we were a little tired of the standard fare. We found Ono Tacos on Trip Advisor and drove there in our rental. A short 5 minute drive away and we were at Ono.
They're situated beside an ABC gas station, don't let that turn you off, the food is brilliant. The smell of the grill will get your tastebuds stimulated. We shared the fish tacos (2 tacos with beans & rice, $9) and a shrimp burrito ($10) plus the help yourself condiments.
The fish tacos were great but the shrimp burrito was exceptional, I need to return to Ono before I leave, it's that good.
YUM Ono Taco, Muchas Gracias...