“Absolutely fantastic!!! - Nothing else to say... REALLY!!”
Review of Tropica Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Tropica Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Description: The Relish Oceanside restaurant features fresh island fish, delicious steak and contemporary cuisine with island flavors are scrumptiously prepared and served to you among a tropical oceanfront setting, along with waterfalls and flickering tiki torches.
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Absolutely fantastic!!! - Nothing else to say... REALLY!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Tropica is the beachside restaurant at the Westin Kaanapali Resort on Maui. Valet Park your car at the hotel (free with validation) and make the short walk past the pool to the restaurant. Seating is outside and is privately nestled among several water features and ponds. The ocean views are fantastic!!! Just remember to bring your sunglasses as ocean view seating faces toward the west.

I orderd the Seared Diver Scallops for an appetizer and the Charbroiled Ahi as my entree. Unbelievable!!!! The scallops were perfectly cooked and presented. As good as the scallops were they paled by comparison to the ahi!!! The ahi was charbroiled rare and served on a bed of nicely prepared cous cous. Keep in mind, we visit Hawaii at least once a year and I make it my mission to eat as much ahi as ever-loving possible. In fact, I have eaten ahi at nearly every restaurant in Maui - from the small local restaurants to those restaurants well known to all the blue-book carrying tourists (me). THIS WAS THE BEST AHI I HAVE EVER EATEN - PERIOD!!!! You just cant miss at Tropica!!

Chicago, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional service and food/drink quality”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I hosted a corporate event at Tropica during a week-long conference, and all of our guests said that the evening was the highlight of their trip. The management, bartenders, even the chef, were not only courteous and a pleasure to work with, but we had FUN! Each of them went out of their way to make our experience - from delicious and creative food to inventive cocktails - first rate. I had the chance to eat at many other restaurants along the beachfront that week and nothing compared to my experience at Tropica. We went back twice that week! CHEERS to Tropica!

Cheyenne, OK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT VIEW BUT "OUCH" ON THE PRICE”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

On a recent trip to Maui 3-10 thru 3-20, had occasion to eat breakfast at the Westin where were staying. The moring after arriving we were really hungry and chose the breakfast buffet with beach dining. It is my fault for not looking at the price but upon being seated the waitstaff asked if we wanted menus or breakfast buffet? We just said buffet as it was easier, quicker, etc. to get our day started. The seating on the beach is absolutely great to see the ships sailing, etc. The food was good and there was a decent variety but I never dreamed it would be $27.95 per person, plus tax and gratuity. We had eggs, bacon, sausange and fruit,. Welcome to Maui!!!!! The bill was $67 and some change. I was surprised and only submit this for a word to caution to check the buffet prices first. I learned a quick lesson at my own expense. Might eat there again but would not pay that for a breakfast buffet,.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Superb Service, Best Cocktails, Great Meals, Amazing setting!”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We travel to Maui frequently. Tropica at the Westin is one of our favorite restaurants. The drink menu is the best on the island! You can have a wonderful time in the Bar lounge area. You tell the bartender what your likes are and they will make you a cocktail that will put you in the Aloha spirit.

If you want to sit and have dinner, you will enjoy the beautiful oceanfront dining. It is totally open air. They usually have a live musician playing relaxing beautiful Hawaiian music. The staff is excellent at making recommendations and making sure your dining experience is one you will not forget. The Chef always prepares unique specials that will not disappoint. .

I would put Tropica on your list of "musts" for your next trip to Maui!

Sedona, AZ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make this your first stop and you won't go anywhere else!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We've been to Tropica at least twenty times and have never been disappointed. Love the ambiance of the relaxed but elegant dining; easy access right on the beachwalk; terrific sunset and neighobring island views; local live music; the most innovative drinks we experienced anywhere.