“Great beach location at the Westin”
Review of Tropica Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Tropica Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Description: The Relish Oceanside restaurant features fresh island fish, delicious steak and contemporary cuisine with island flavors are scrumptiously prepared and served to you among a tropical oceanfront setting, along with waterfalls and flickering tiki torches.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

They put soft seating for sunset cocktails or after dinner drinks next to the beach but all the seats have a great ocean and sunset view. Food is good but not special

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on the first night of our honeymoon. It was the perfect welcome to Maui-great service, food, and view. It's much quieter than the other restaurants along the beach path. A bit more expensive but not by much, and a more relaxed experience. And they gave us free Mai tais!

1  Thank Meginaustin
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to Tropica year after year for the wonderful, creative food offerings. This year we discovered that it is under new management, being converted from a top restaurant to one that is more suited to its beachfront location - less expensive entrees, more bar-type food. I don't think it is nearly as good anymore. We don't plan to return there next time we visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had couch on the grass in the sand - and watched the sunset - so memorable! but the service was so bad - I didn't get my salad and no one came by for me to bring it to their attention. We only got one drink - the wait staff were nonexistent - and there were communication problems with every staff person we spoke with starting with the hostess (e.g. uncertain whether we could have dinner on the couches in the grass, to me not getting my salad, etc.) Also they were playing Caribbean music. Really? I just flew 5000 miles and 9.5 hours miles to Hawaii to hear Carribean music?? I could have flown a few hours south of my home for that.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent food at this restaurant with a range to cover all needs within a family of 5. All meals were well priced and the setting on the beach front was fantastic. Revisited a second time during our four nights on Maui and the same standards were met.