“Sunset dinner”
Review of Tropica Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Tropica Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Description: The Relish Oceanside restaurant features fresh island fish, delicious steak and contemporary cuisine with island flavors are scrumptiously prepared and served to you among a tropical oceanfront setting, along with waterfalls and flickering tiki torches.
Brisbane, Australia
“Sunset dinner”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We got a complimentary 5 course meal for two people thanks to doing the time share 90 minute tour. I'm not a fan of seafood so they swapped the options that were only seafood to chicken.

1st course was small and had me a little worried, but was lovely tasting.
2nd and 3rd courses were a decent size and was also lovely tasting
4th course or the main was a lot bigger than I had expected, I had the Sirloin and my partner had the mahi mahi and both were great tasting.
5th course - dessert, well this was small but delicious.

We don't usually eat at places like this but it would definitely be worth it if even if you had paid for it thanks to the ocean front view which meant we got to see the sun set and then enjoy the ambiance of the torches after sunset.

• Visited May 2013

Moorpark, CA
“Great food and Great view!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tropica is one of the restaurants we always visit when on Maui. The view is wonderful and the food is always extremely good. It's fun to eat at sunset and watch the booze cruise boats sail by and see all the people walking by on the boardwalk. We will go back the next time we are on Maui!

• Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, NV
“Very good, but could've been better...”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I took my sister here for her birthday. The location was great -- had tiki torches, view of a waterfall, view of the ocean at sunset. The food, however, was only okay. I had a chicken dish, and it was really dry! My wife's fish was dry! My sister's medium steak was cooked well-done! Pretty frustrated. The only highlight was the complimentary dessert for my sister's birthday...

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Wonderful night out”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We did the 5 course tasting menu and had a really amazing night. Every course was delicious and fresh, the service was great, and the views over kaanapali beach are tough to beat. We had a bit of a later meal but I'm sure it'd make for an incredible sunset dinner if you request the tables right next to the beach. Tropicana is a top choice for an upscale dinner in the area.

• Visited April 2013
USA
“Excellect - Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was blowen away. Excellent Food and Service. Sitting right in front of the beach and water on Kaanapoli Beach. The Tropica and Honu put you right on the water.

• Visited May 2013