“The cuisine and Freddie (in the bar) keep me coming back!”
Review of Tropica Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Tropica Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Honoapiilani Highway
Description: The Relish Oceanside restaurant features fresh island fish, delicious steak and contemporary cuisine with island flavors are scrumptiously prepared and served to you among a tropical oceanfront setting, along with waterfalls and flickering tiki torches.
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I go to Maui several times per year and Tropica is my favorite restaurant. The ocean/sunset views are spectacular; the unique cuisine is exceptional, and the personal attention from Freddie is unbelievable. I don't know how he manages to treat everyone so special when he is so busy - but he does. You can trust any food or drink recommendation that he makes. Be sure to try the butterfish!!

1  Thank Sedona_AZPetra

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Going to the Tropica Bar is a highlight of our trip. We look forward to seeing all the same folks who were there the year before and always greet us warmly and genuinely seem happy to see us. Everyone there is great but Freddie and Tommy ( and Bret and Kevin when they fill in) all have a very special place in our hearts. The service they deliver to everyone in the bar ( not to mention the yummy drinks they serve up) is the best!

I have never ordered any food that wasn't really good! The flatbreads are one of my favorites.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a quick drink to a full meal.
Enjoy!

Reviewed March 6, 2011

We've been having dinner at Tropica for several years and have never been disappointed. Last night (3/5/11) after a day of downpours and issues with our condo- we had a lovely and relaxing dinner at Tropica. I had the early bird special ($33 for 3 courses) and it was perfect- slightly smaller then the regular portions, but really the perfect size. The service is first class- great wine list and such a fantastic setting- even in the rain. My husband is a huge fan of the lobster chowder...Yum!

1  Thank mauilove1
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We got a table right by the boardwalk with an awesome ocean view. It was great to people watch and enjoy the sunset. It's almost like Lincoln road in south beach but with an ocean view. The food is ok. not bad, not great. The service was more like a diner than what you expect from a nice restaurant. it is a good restaurant as far as food is concerned but there are many great restaurants in maui.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of being on Maui for 2 1/2 weeks recently. We are at that age and stage where we are travelling without offspring,and we are making up for 'lost time".
We have had some great dining experiences in the last 12 months ( Paris, Athens, Istanbul,Sydney, Singapore), but Tropica is up there with our best .
We dined here more than once, taking advantage of the tasting menu (?$33 pp for 3 courses) and the matched wine pairings ( ? extra $ 10 pp for 2 glasses). The food is delicious, but the servings would be regarded as small by American standards. However, for 2 Aussies, one of whom has to watch his weight (she is ok)....this was perfect. We felt "just right" at the end of the meal...we had not over done the consumption of food or wine, and the VALUE was suberb, as was the attention from waitress Lorain, with whom we developed some rapport over a number of visits.
Some of our friends were not overly impressed with the ambience of the restaurant, but for me, looking out over Kaanapali beach , and watching the sunset seemed about as good one could wish.
We will definitely return to Tropica on our next trip to Maui in 12 months.

2  Thank Keendiners-Aust