“Super Coffee, Great Atmosphere, Good Food”

Soup Nutz & Java Jazz
Ranked #33 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sugar Land
“Super Coffee, Great Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This place was close to our condo and being coffee lovers, we had to go in. We went back 4 times. The breakfast is super - I had the omelette with chorizo. The coffee is very good with a lot of choices and the service was great. We went back for dinner and had mixed results. One night the special - a fish dish was great. We went back the following night and everyone's food was mediocre. We're pretty certain they had a different cook that night as everything was blander. They have live entertainment most nights and a bar. If we get to go back to Maui, we'll go back here.

Visited November 2012

“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Ate here the first night. Checked in at Aston Shores. Walked across the street to get a bite to eat and have a drink, there it was. After a long trip we just wanted to decompress and relax. We hadn't had time to figure anything out so this was handy and open.

We split a sandwich and fries. Very good. There were a couple of musicians that played. They were good and played at a level that we could visit.

Everything was so good we returned three more times with the larger wedding group that made their way to Maui for the wedding.

Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
Phoenix
“GREAT COFFEE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Great coffee.
I'm not quite sure what atmosphere they were trying to achieve, but I think they missed it. The name had my mind going back to the old coffee house days of the sixties with some coffee, jazz and some poetry. I didn't hear any jazz, just regular background music. Lots of pictures/art of half naked women (no near naked men)! And old Barbie dolls with their hair full of lint sitting on a shelf with other oddities. Lots of poloitcal sayings and old looking pieces of junk hanging from the walls.
I had a muffin one day and a scone the next. They both tasted pretty stale. The only saving grace was the coffee.
Oh, and the guy running the place (owner?) is a bit on the eccentric side, and I am being nice. He asked where I was from. When I said Arizona he went of on a political jaunt about how "hot" he thought our governor was. And then off on another tangent about sex and religion. Reaaly bizarre! Just my opinion.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Try this for dinner, you'll like it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had two excellent dinners here (fish and shrimp). The prices are very reasonable for the area. The staff couldn't have been better. the place has a fun feeland we had a great time.

• Visited November 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Good sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had an excellent tuna melt and the soup was very good, too. The prices were comparably reasonable - we used a coupon from our hotel.

Visited November 2012