“Great food ...check ... better location”
Review of Koa 156

Koa 156
Reserve with OpenTable
Koa 156 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kaanapali Shores Pl.
Transit: Papalau Street (bus stop)
Description: Koa’s Seaside Grill is now Koa 156º. The outstanding oceanfront view is coupled with an eclectic and delightful new menu that offers fresh local seafood as well as the finest meats and creative vegetarian options, using Hawai’i’s unique ingredients to create dishes that are not only tasteful but also beautifully presented.
Phoenix, AZ
“Great food ...check ... better location”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I had breakfast here on our recent trip to Maui. After going twice to the sister restaurant, the Gazebo, we decided to give the Lahaina location a try. Since there is always an hour wait at the Gazebo, it made seemed like a good idea to give this location a shot. By the way, no wait here the day we went. We both had the pancakes and a side of bacon. Wow, where do I even begin, the pancakes are the fluffiest, lightest, awesomess pancakes I've ever had. And I don't even consider myself a pancake enthusiast. So as long as you can find parking this location is great. No wait, same great pancakes. Possibly a bit smaller then the pancakes at Gazebo, but same taste. Not that I can finish the two pancakes they serve, they just fill you stomach no matter how big of an eater you think you are.
Great view of the water, you can literally have a table over the water, great view of Lanai and Molokai. Run, don't walk, to either Koa's or the Gazebo.
And yes, as to others that complain about having to walk through a jewelry store to get to the hostess, come on, really?? The food is that good, it really throws you off to go ten feet to get a better view of the ocean....ugh.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Bar and Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Koa's was the first place we went to when we had just arrived in Lahaina. We were made welcome from the start the staff are great. we ended going here nearly every night for evening drinks. and one morning we had a breakfast snack, I was thinking that I would have the fried rice and a guy on the next table had the fried rice, a huge plate of rice appeared and the 3 other people on his table helped him to eat it and when they had finished there was still loads left. Well worth the money by the way I ended up with pineapple spears which were simple but great. Hope we get the chance to go back

• Visited October 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Lovely View”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We sat on the upper level and had a beautiful view during dinner, the sunset was amazing. We had a great waiter. There is a nice selection if drinks and they were well made. We all enjoyed our salads and main entrees . We were too full to try any if the deserts . The owner was walking around and he personally came to ask us how out evening was going and on our way out her offered to take out photo with the amazing view in the background. We would return.

1 Thank Canadasunny53
Woodinville, Washington
“Good location, the rest was average”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a seat on the second floor for dinner which does offer a great view. It was a bit of a let down from there. The food was okay, not terrible but nothing special.

My daughter said the POG smoothy was terrible and tasted nothing like POG (which she loves). Our server was nice but not very efficient. We ordered a side of mac & cheese that didn't arrive until after we had almost finished our entrees. She admitted that she hadn't clearly written it on the ticket.The PDG Short rib was tender as they claimed but it lacked flavor. The burger was large and probably the best item we ordered.

There are better options nearby and we won't be back.

1 Thank Mike K
Kihei, Hawaii
“Amazing food and beautiful views!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

A friend of mine invited me to have lunch at Koa's. I had never been, but only heard great things about the food and views. I must say everything from the views to the service was on point!! Our server Toshia was super friendly and very attentive. She made sure our drinks were never empty and we had everything we needed. The ceviche was amazing! The fish in the ceviche was tender and fresh! The fish tacos were made with fresh caught Ono! We sat out on the deck with beautiful views of Lanai across the channel and boats going in and out of the Lahaina Harbor. Koa's Seaside Grill is a great place to just sit back, relax, and enjoy mouth watering food with friends! I will definitely be back!!

• Visited June 2014

Been to Koa 156? Share your experiences!