“One of the best!”
Review of Koa 156

Koa 156
Reserve with OpenTable
Koa 156 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 263 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kaanapali Shores Pl.
Transit: Papalau Street (bus stop)
Description: Koa’s Seaside Grill is now Koa 156º. The outstanding oceanfront view is coupled with an eclectic and delightful new menu that offers fresh local seafood as well as the finest meats and creative vegetarian options, using Hawai’i’s unique ingredients to create dishes that are not only tasteful but also beautifully presented.
Lahaina
“One of the best!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We said we weren't going to eat at the same place twice until we had tried them all. We have been back 3 times already! The service is fantastic. The prices are reasonable. And the food is top notch. Turning out to be our "go to" place!

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Business Owner”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I really do not understand the last review at all. I have had the opportunity to eat at Koa's at least once a week since January 6th. The food is fantastic. We own and operate our own bistro on the mainland and prepare food regularly. So I know food. The Calamari is absolutely our favorite. Tender with a crispy herb breading...I could talk about it for days. This place is a new favorite.

Oahu, Hawaii
“Food”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Well, they had king crab legs. They turned out to be good. But, had a free appetizer. And before we could leave the restaurant one traveler had it not agree with him. Another walked for 10 mins. And same thing. By the time we got back to our hotel all 4 of us were sick. Atmosphere was wonderful but caution on the food. All we had in common was the calamari.

Edmonton, Canada
“An off-night or . . ?”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Having been to Kimo's next door on Front Street for dinner the night before, we thought we'd give Koa's a try based on the look of the place, the terrific ocean views and reviews we'd read on Trip Adviser. Well, let's call it a swing and a miss.

There's a lot to like about Koa's.

THE GOOD: Whether you're on the main level or upstairs on the roof, you get a panoramic view of the ocean and, if you're there at the right time, you'll be treated to a gorgeous sunset. The menu offers more variety than we saw the night before at Kimo's. The staff is friendly.

The calamari we ordered was top-shelf and the seafood linguini my wife ordered was very good. Our son's kids meal was, well, a kids meal. Hot dog. Fries. Mmm. No issues for half our party. The other two of us? Not so much.

THE BAD: After deciding to go easy and have a salad as my main course, I changed my mind when one of the biggest burgers I'd seen in some time went right past me to a nearby table. "I'll have that." Bigger, as I should know by now, doesn't necessarily mean better. The burger was OK, as in bland. The sweet potato fries, which cost extra, were DOA. Cold. Instead of replacing them, our server had them microwaved and brought back. Hmm.

As good as my wife's pasta was, our oldest son had a pesto pasta that was a tasteless mix of watery vegetables and noodles. Anybody with a lick of culinary skill -- as in the ability to boil water -- could whip up a tastier meal using packaged noodles and a handful of fresh veggies and it wouldn't cost you 30 bucks.

THE UGLY: We requested as rail side table overlooking the water in our reservation. No guarantees, of course. Delighted upon arrival when the hostess confirmed we had our spot. She had set it aside for us. Not so delighted moments later when, after a huddle at the front desk, we were told the other hostess had given our table away. Mistakes happen. We ended up with a decent spot upstairs.

The problem with upstairs, at least this night, is it was a mess. The floor was sticky and dirty, complete with a fork here and a knife there discarded under unoccupied tables nearby. The worst part was watching the puddle made by a spilled soft drink work its way toward us, which it did after 20 minutes -- nobody cleaned it up.

• Visited February 2014
Tallahassee
“Really great fish tacos”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We just stopped in for a light lunch of fish tacos – mine grilled, hers batter fried – with jicama slaw, included fried corn tortilla chips & salza. Each order included 2 tacos, served in a toasted flour tortilla; the chunk of fish was VERY ample. We agreed that the grilled was much better than the batter fried. The jicama slaw and its dressing were excellent! So far this was my best fish taco on Maui. The view from the upstairs balcony is fantastic. Service was great - friendly and professional.

• Visited February 2014