“Interesting and creative Italian food not common to Maui”
Review of Basil Tomatoes Italian Grille - CLOSED

Basil Tomatoes Italian Grille
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Resort trolley drop off and pick up directly in front
Baltimore, Maryland
“Interesting and creative Italian food not common to Maui”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The calamari steak signature dish is so unique and melt in your mouth. Four of us had it and we all agreed it was over the top and terrific. The accompanying pasta was wonderful also. It may be pricey depending on where you are from, but remember where you are..Maui. We do not go to the 5:30 half off deal because we do not eat that early, but we would gladly tip on the full price meal which is required and only fair if you are a waiter working from 5 to 9 pm to make a living. This is a really good Italian restaurant, but if you are used to bargain Italian food, you will not find anything as good or as creative as this. Karen. Baltimore

Allen Park, Michigan
“Early Bird Special”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

No reservations yet we were greeted with a huge smile and seated immediately... off to a good start. Frank Sinatra music playing in the background. Very friendly and personable waiter. Great view of the golf course. We specifically went to get the early bird special which is available only between 5:00 and 5:30. Entrees are 50% off (excludes "market value" meals), an 18% gratuity is added to the bill before the discount, and you have to pay cash. Still a decent deal. I had veal parmigiana which was a bit tough and dry. Was good for the $15 discount price but if I would have paid the full price of $30 I'd be disappointed because it's certainly not anything to rave about. My husband had the seafood ravioli which he said was really good but the portion size seemed a little small.

• Visited February 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“Tonight's dinner”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had dinner there tonight and I couldn't wait to write their review. This may have been on of the best meals I have ever eaten. Their early bird special is from 5:00-5:30 and all entrees are 50% off. Well worth the effort. Plus the view of the golf course is nice before it gets dark.
I had shrimp & scallop alfredo. The last bite was just as good as the first bite. Tender scollops and large but very tasty shrimps. Husband got lobster ravioli and raved about that too. I tasted it and it was also wonderful.. Their homemade bread is warm and yummy and we used it to mop up the remaining sauce from our dishes. They were that good. Wait staff was friendly and attentive..

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Topcopmom
Yuma, Arizona
“Rude Waiter.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Although I like to give satisfying reports for our vist to Basil Tomatoes on Maui I cannot do so at this time. My dinner was served hot on one side and cold on the other, tough and one part of the pork not cooked. I was told that it was ok to cook pork this way. I will not return to this place. It was our last night on Maui so very disappointing for all of us.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Michigan
“Awesome Meal and Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our experience at Basil Tomatoes was top notch! We had an incredible meal (I recommend the Lasagna) and our service was great. The atmosphere was also amazing, open air with a beautiful view. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will go there again my next trip to Maui.

Visited January 2013