“Pulehu Prime Rib” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lahaina Fish Co

Lahaina Fish Co
Ranked #34 of 263 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Serving Maui's visitors and locals for over 23 years. Our goal is to obtain and serve fresh, natural and organic products whenever possible. We are proud to introduce our "E Ola Pono" or "Living Well" additions to our menu. By expanding our gluten free, vegetarian and vegan choices, we have created healthful and flavorful options with an emphasis on local and sustainable ingredients when available. From our fresh local fish, to our tender delicious prime rib and new vegetarian and vegan dishes, our Island Fusion menu offers something for everyone... even our kids. Our dining experience offers two floors of panoramic oceanfront dining with breathtaking views of nightly sunsets. 3 hours of free parking in Lahaina Center offers guests ample time for shopping, sightseeing and dining for lunch or dinner. We are dedicated to our food, service, staff, healthy island living and we encourage all to eat well and live well. It will be our pleasure to serve you!
Edmonton, Canada
“Pulehu Prime Rib”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I attended this restaurant in Feb. 2013 and found a great atmosphere with good personal service and as advertised, a great view of the bay. The menu was large and varied. We choose for our appetizer the daily Fish chowder soup and were delighted. My wife choose the Teriyaki Chicken and I choose the Pulehu prime rib for our main course. Her chicken dish was large and very taste. I enjoyed my prime rib dish but noted that one third of the cut was fat and grizzle, which I left on the plate. The eye steak which was left was solid and taste. I commented this fact to our server who informed us that this was the cook's way of preparing this dish. So fellow travellers this being said, our advise if you wish prime rib at this restaurant order the prime rib steak for two thirds of the price. Its not on the internet menu but was listed on the table menu.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“The kind of restaurant that gives Hawaii a bad name”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Restaurants in Hawaii are expensive. The Lahaina Fish Company is no exception. But you don’t have to waste your money on ordinary food. We ate everything we were served but nothing lifted itself above the average mainland chain, say Appleby’s, and it was three time as expensive.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stockton, California
“Excellent Ahi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I just wanted Ahi with rice & a vegetable - The Ahi was fantastic, great locale, beautiful view, nice ambiance.

Visited February 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“After Mama's this restaurant was a hit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This restaurant is at the far end of the Lahaina strip from the court house and well worth the walk. The venue is excellent with a great view over the water to Lana'i.

We had gone to Mama's Fish House the day before for lunch and were resigned to having eaten the best on the island but were surprised to find a restaurant that in some ways could match up to Mama's.

My partner described her salad as the best she'd had. My fish and chips were unique, excellent and served with a mix of potato and sweet potato fries. Marvelous. The grilled mahimahi sandwich was described by another in our party as the best she'd had on the island.

The prices for our lunch time meals were about average for what we've been paying on Maui but the food was anything but average!
We'll be going back for dinner and the prime rib next week.

South Lake Tahoe
“Extensive gluten free menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place has a little "gf" next to items on the menu, so if you have a wheat allergy, you can pick off the regular menu. We reserved with Open Table and had a great table right on the water. I really liked my fish I had here. It was cooked to perfection and the sauce was excellent. The waiter was super friendly, attentive and helpful. I was ready to dismiss this place because it looks like a spot you are just paying for the view in. They hold up their end of the bargain though with really good food. There is also 3 hours of free parking near by with validation.

• Visited January 2013