“BEST GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA!!!”

Pizza Paradiso Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #15 of 35 Quick Bites in Lahaina
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Visit our website and ORDER ONLINE! We have a large menu full of Mediterranean inspired dishes that will satisfy just about every craving, from kabobs to thin-crust pizzas to shawarma, gyros, cheesesteaks, and more. We also serve some incredibly good artisan gelato made locally, and baklava. See our website for details. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Myself and our two children have Celiac Disease so eating at restaurants while on holiday is always a challenge. HOWEVER, if you also have Celiac or gluten sensitivity, Pizza Paradiso is a MUST on your places to eat while on Maui!! When you sink your teeth into their gluten-free pizza crust, it's so amazingly good you'll wonder if it's truly gluten-free!! The texture and rise is amazing, and the taste is so incredible it's almost like eating "regular" pizza. (And as all us Celiacs know, not knowing the difference is KEY to successful gf baking). This is NOT anything like the food-service-type pizza crusts you've tasted before that some restaurants buy in bulk to make their gf pizzas. I found out from the staff that this recipe was developed by the Owner and his culinary team and it's obvious they've mastered their recipe! Their ingredients are fresh, organic and local. You'll definitely want to visit this place more than once while on Maui or buy two gf pizzas and take one back to your condo to enjoy another day. (They also have other gf choices on their menu.) Although we didn't get a chance to eat at their sister company Cilantro--also located in Lahaina, we saw they have gf options as well and will visit there the next time we're on the Island. Pizza Paradiso is looking into getting a gluten-free beer to go hand-in-hand with their gf pizza. They've been voted "best pizza" three times by locals...and I'd say that goes for their gf pizza as well. Atmosphere inside is very nice and service is great. Finding Pizza Paradiso was a huge blessing to our gf family and is now a "definite" on our list for ALL our future trips to Maui's West side.

1  Thank K E

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a quirky and very good place to eat. It's not a formal, sit-down type place with a peaceful atmosphere - so if you are looking for that you will need to find other alternatives. But if you are looking for a pretty cool place to get some good food at a decent price, this is a very solid choice.

We ended up there on our first night in Maui because my wife wanted pizza and I didn't. I'm always up for Mediterranean food. No need to compromise when you don't have to.

The pizza is outstanding. Thin crust. Good flavor and even better toppings. You can get it by the slice. The gyro I had was fantastic. I ordered fries. They brought us out a huge plate of wonderful hot fries. Plenty of choices for drinks - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. And they have a gelato bar with a dozen or so different flavors. We shared some. It was excellent.

The service was good. Laid-back but very helpful.

If I lived in west Maui - I would eat here often.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food and service. The Falafel plate was the best thing we've had while in Hawaii. The name Pizza Paradiso doesn't do justice to the place. They serve high quality Mediterranean plates and the prices are very reasonable. I was surprised to learn that the chef is an Indian guy that also owns a Mexican place in Lahaina.
We also had a wonderful gelato and tiramisu.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Creamy and just the right temperature. Plenty of variety of flavors to try. Since we have been to Italy and had the "true" Gelato, you have to wonder and hope you would get something very close to what you would get in Italy. They are almost there, very enjoyable.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Located close to our condo and we stopped after hitting the grocery.

I had the meatball sandwich, husband had the spaghetti and our friends had the pizza, my sandwich was good, husband said the spaghetti was good, our friends raved about the pizza. They thought is was excellent.