“SURPRISINGLY WONDERFUL”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 263 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Yorba Linda, California
“SURPRISINGLY WONDERFUL”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We did not have a reservation, just kind of stopped and hoped we could get a table. We did for a party of 4. 3 of us had steak and the other chicken. I had eaten at a Ruth's Chris before and really wasn't impressed, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. It was absolutely fabulous. (Maybe I was just hungry.) My steak was great cooked just as I had asked for it.

I would definitely go here again.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Drown in butter, tough and poor tasting”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Don't go to Ruth Chris in Maui! If you want a good meal, go to Lahaina Grill. When you are paying that much for a steak, it should never be bad! If you take a bad steak and drown it in butter, it will still taste bad. My mistake was I started eating it, and I'm thinking this is not tasting good, I felt a little nauseated as I was eating, so my first thought is that maybe I'm not feeling good. It couldn't be the steak, I'm at a nice restaurant. I just couldn't believe it was the steak, it must be me, so I ate over half of the steak. I should have stopped eating and sent it back, but I thought it's not there fault if I'm sick. I waited until after I got the check and gave him my credit card before I told him that it did not taste good and that it made me a little nauseated because at this point I'm thinking it still must be me and felt I should pay for my meal. I told the waiter that maybe It was just me, he seemed somewhat concerned, he picked up the check and said he would talk to the manager. He comes back just puts the run check and my card down and doesn't say a thing. So I get it, He thinks I'm after a free meal! Still I signed the check and even left a tip. I did not want to make a fuss as maybe I am just coming down with something. I get home and I'm feeling fine. Next morning I'm still fine and I know now that the steak was not good and it wasn't me.I'm also a little perturbed that they didn't acknowledge the poor meal and assumed I was just after a free meal. I didn't expect a free meal and frankly I would have said no if offered as I did consume the majority of the steak. I called up the restaurant to talk with the manager to let him know my experience, not to get a free meal, I've already paid for it. The manager was not there so I left a message as to my complaint and she said the manager would call me back. I received no call, it's clear to me that they thought that I was out for a freebie. All I wanted was an acknowledgement and a sorry. I will never go to a Ruth Chris again. Snobs!

1 Thank 713keril
Crescent City, California
“Good Food After a Show”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I got a dinner and show package with the dinner being at Ruth Chris. The food was delicious and the Rib eye I had, melted in my mouth. If I hadn't got the show/dinner package, I probably wouldn't have eaten there as they have always been a little out of my price range. But after tasting the food, I understand the concept, you get what you pay for.

Sydney, Australia
“Good meal, however a little over priced and a few errors.”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We've been to several Ruth's Chris in the U.S and also Cabo Mexico. Although menu is the same there are obviously some slight variations. Our recent m eal was here in Lahaina. My wife had the fillet and thought it was "amazing". I had the "Cowboy bone in ribeye" as I in fact always do.

I was very happy with it, but not blow away as I have been in the past. For me the steak quality was it's usual level of exceptional, however I always have the pepper brandy sauce, and this one just wasn't good enough. In fact I make better at home and every other Ruth's Chris it's been much much better.

Sauce was over reduced and too thick.

Having had the same meal many times before I poured the sauce on in good faith without trying and in turn it took away from my amazing steak for this reason.

We ordered chicken tendors and fries for my son and my wife and I both laughed and agreed it was some of the best chicken you'd get and would sell well on an adults lunch meal as an appetizer. That said my son loves french fries and these were very poor as they were under cooked and a little soggy.

The bread as always was straight from the oven and delicious and a great way to start a meal.

The wait staff were exceptional and can't be faulted.

Over all a good meal, but not great this time and for a $200 bill for 2 adults and a 15month old we felt it just wasn't worth the spend.
*We had no appetizers, x2 coke's and one glass of wine - no desert either.

1 Thank Scott M
Oakland CA
“We Loved It”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The food was superb, especially the filets, but the fish, chop salad, bread, creamed spinach were all great.

Visited May 2014