“Gone down hill from last time there”
Review of Moose McGillycuddy's - Maui - CLOSED

Moose McGillycuddy's - Maui
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I first went to Moose McGillycuddy's in Oahu and loved it, great prices and good food plus great Happy Hours.

We have been to the Moose in Maui 5 years ago and then went back in March of this year. We were disappointed in the food and found the place really needed a sprucing up. An example is that the ceiling fans seemed very dirty and dust coated. The Mahi Mahi was not up to standards of five years ago there.

There was a drunken guy at the bar swearing and we asked to be moved away from him. They let him stay there but should have asked him to leave. Very fowl language.

If we go back to Maui we may try it once more but hope it has improved immensely.

1  Thank Marsha E

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Moose's is essentially a sports bar with a nice second story view of Front Street in Lahaina. We like their breakfast menu and usually go once per Maui visit. The omelets are interesting and tasty. Sit at at table along the rail and you can enjoy people watching on Front Street which is fun.
The servers are very attentive and always friendly.

2  Thank mauij7
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Moose McGillycuddy's is our family's go-to restaurant for breakfast when we vacation in Maui. For a reasonable price you can get a delicious breakfast and coffee that keeps on coming when the first cup is empty. Great service as well as all the employees are friendly and talkative. Because the tables are surrounded by a full service bar, you can start with a screwdriver or a bloody mary to make breakfast more interesting. Sit by the railing and watch the crowds coming and going on Front Street. Family friendly! Who needs more?

1  Thank ssears123
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this restaurant because there menu was huge! Try offered a little bit of everything. It reminded me of Millers Ale House back home, which I love!

I tried the Chicken Tacos which were delicious and big portions. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others looking for a good meal.

2  Thank inkedtc
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love Moose's breakfast! I eat breakfast there every single time I go to Maui - religiously. They consistently have the best breakfast ever. I start with a bloody mary - in my opinion they have the best bloody mary mix in Hawaii. The local moco is awesome. The eggs benedict is delicious but for some reason I almost always order the scrambled eggs and bacon. The eggs are always perfectly prepared and the bacon is crisp but not greasy. And the pancakes. LOVE the pancakes. I can't speak to the evening experience for this bar/restaurant but I can tell you they offer one of the best breakfasts ever! and they make a mean bloody mary!

2  Thank TownGirl808