“Great value lunch, Evening Meal didn't live up to the lunch”
Review of Longhi's

Longhi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Longhi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 265 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian Mediterranean with a Local Flair.
“Great value lunch, Evening Meal didn't live up to the lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went here twice on our honeymoon.

Our first visit was at lunch time as my wife liked the look of the vegetarian options. We were served by a lovely lady who's father was English so she made us feel very welcome. My wife had one of the salad pizzas which was excellent and very reasonably priced. I had a beef sandwich which was also very tasty and filling.

Although very good service and we were going to leave a good tip we were slightly annoyed that a service charge of 18% was added to our bill when there was only 2 of us. We paid it but were not happy this choice was taken away from us.

After such a good lunch we attended again a few days later but for dinner instead. We had to wait 15 minutes for the hostess to come to us and were shown to a very small table even though other tables were available. We assumed that the other tables were booked or were being kept for larger parties only to find that the following 2 tables of 2 were given these other tables. Whether she didn't like us because we were English or because we were young we aren't sure but another very nice gentleman waiter moved us to one of the bigger tables without any fuss - something which the hostess seemed annoyed about.

The dinner choice, although very similar to the lunch menu, was twice the price. My wife had another pizza and asked for some simple salad leaves to come with it instead of a proper salad - all she wanted was some rocket leaves or local salad produce on a plate - no dressing, tomatoes etc. Although it was exactly what she wanted we did not anticipate being charged $10 for the privilege (more than the greek salad!). the pizza was slightly burnt and was definitely not as good as the previous one - different chef we are assuming. I had chicken cannelloni which was a nice change from the usual beef cannelloni.

The cocktails were fabulous and they served local maui beer which was a nice touch.

Would go again if we ever revisited Maui but perhaps not in the evening.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rich-Sol-86

• Korean first
Kansas City, Missouri
“A great breakfast!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I ate breakfast at Longi's twice during our most recent visit to Maui. We had not been there for breakfast or for dinner previously. Both times we sat on the ground level close to an open window so it was almost like dining outdoors. The tables at the north end of the restaurant have a view of the ocean. The tables more at the south end look across at Bubba Gumps.

Service was friendly and efficient. They validate parking in the Lahaina Center lot for breakfast. I believe they do valet parking only for dinner.

My wife had a frittata once and the quiche the other time. She was very happy with both of here choices. I had the french toast both times. It is dipped in Grand Marnier. I seldom have french toast for breakfast but it was so delicious I couldn't wait to go back and have it again. It is made with their homemade french bread and was the best french toast I ever remember having.

We will definitely go back on our next trip.

• Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“excellent food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

only got take out , so limited in comment.. but one thing for sure , is their bread was incredible .. pricey for the pasta I ordered, but was delicious.. and i am picky italian food person.. walked in to pick up.. atmosphere seemed nice.

• Visited September 2013
Rocklin, California
“One of the best dinners of the week!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I have been eating out every night for quite a few nights. Some not so great, some okay, but on this evening we visited Longhi's. I found it to be one of the best dinners of the week. We weren't very hungry so we didn't want to over order. Our server, Bobby was very helpful, friendly and accommodating and reminded us of the large portions. I started off with a glass of Syrah that was divine! We shared the Longhi's salad that was exceptional and very generous in size. Baby romaine lettuce with white beans, Gorgonzola cheese, and possibly a few other ingredients. ($15.00) we then went on to share the Ahi Tuna with peppercorns in a light brandy cream sauce. ($35?) Again, absolutely delicious! We will definitely return on our next trip!

• Visited October 2013
Whitby, Canada
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Longhi's in Lahaina is great...fantastic service,fantastic food and atmosphere. If you sit upstairs,you have a wonderful ocean and sunset view. Highly recommend this restaurant. Great value for a great meal!

• Visited October 2013