“Excellent service”
Review of Longhi's

Longhi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Longhi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 265 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian Mediterranean with a Local Flair.
West Windsor, NJ
“Excellent service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. Our server was excellent, friendly and attentive without being pushy.
I had a pasta dish and the portions are large. The waiter suggested a half order, which was just right.
The view is lovely and they offer valet parking...what more could you ask for.

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing and over-priced”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited this restaurant 30 years ago on my honeymoon and remembered the delicious artichokes prepared with parmesan and garlic butter. Just went again, and the artichokes were wonderful as I remembered. Then it went downhill. I ordered Longhi's signature dish of scallops - they had obviously sat in broth till they were mushy and tasteless. The broth was bland as well. Bits of tarragon and chopped tomatoes added a little flavor. My companions had the lamb chops. They were well seared and cooked medium-rare but the sauce what accompanied them? It was supposed to be a raspberry mint sauce. The mint taste was missing and the raspberry part was so sweet, cloying and overpowering that it was like eating melted jam. Everything is a la carte, and at least our grilled asparagus was good. When we were seated, our view was half blocked by the restaurant across the street, and we asked to move to the empty table beside us. The hostess hesitated and said she'd have to check, etc., etc. and by the time she did, another party had claimed the good view table. Our server was great, but that's about the only praise I would give this place. Won't go there again as there are too many other great restaurants on the island. A waste of money and time, and a huge disappointment.

RSM, California
“A wonderful breakfast experience!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in a wonderful location at Longhi's on Front Street Lahaina. I HIGHLY recommend having breakfast and here's why. Lahaina town can get very busy with a lot of foot traffic and much of that foot traffic is directly next to open window dining of Longhi's. However, in the morning time, there is next to no people around. The merchants have not yet opened and there is no one around. A PERFECT breakfast experience in a wonderful restaraunt that serves great food! We were very pleased and will do this again upon our Maui return.

New Jersey
“Mixed reviews from our group, but I liked the food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our group of 4 ate here for lunch and the reviews were mixed. I thought the food was quite good; my wife thought it was not very good as compared to her standards for Italian restaurants; and the other 2 thought it was okay. We shared the fried calamari and eggplant parmesan as appetizers; everyone seemed to enjoy both. I had a seared ahi tuna entrée, which I thought was very good. The other 3 had linguine with clam sauce (they substituted marinara sauce at our request); my wife thought it was just fair, and I think had higher expectations. I think she wanted more seafood, and she suggested we'd have been better off going to Bubba Shrimp across the street (which kind of makes you question whether she has any good taste!).

The service was very good. Our waitress was quite friendly and helpful. We found out she is originally from New Jersey, which is our current home state. We sat on the ground floor level, but the table was close to the street where you have a nice ocean view across the street.

• Visited May 2013
Australia
“Good food but expensive.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Can't say anything bad about the place but I won't rave about it either. We both had the pasta which was great but heavily sauced. I felt the food was a bit on the expensive side for what it was. Staff were friendly and the service was quick. Nice location and if you could get a table upstairs at sunset the view would be great!

• Visited July 2013