“Bad happy hour” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Longhi's

Longhi's
Ranked #102 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Italian Mediterranean with a Local Flair.
Santa Monica, California
“Bad happy hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I came here for happy hour and it's not a cheap hour and it's not so happy either. Great passion fruit margaritas. When it comes to the food, when it comes to these prices I'd say just skip it.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank diddleydd

• Korean first
vancouver
“Wow that was really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Bad service and bad food. This place needs new management and/or employees not stoned.

Upon arrival with reservation, restaurant is not busy, but front desk has some issues. The host leaves us waiting, says someone will help us. We wait more. Someone else comes. Finally original host takes us toward a seat, then someone else takes over. Not a big deal....but it was a sign of the rest of the evening.

Our waitress was sweet, but spacey. Abandons us for long stretches, seems out of it. Everything takes forever. Hard to get her attention. She only gives us half the menu. She can't remember things.

Then the food. UGH. The bread looks great, but is totally undercooked: basically wet dough we can't eat. Lobster was okay, salad was overdosed with dressing, and my entree of linguine with clams was extremely bland and basically swimming in a bowl of liquid. It was like trying to eat noodle soup with a fork: you just got wet plain noodles each time. Gross.

After a long time I was able to get our waitress' attention, to explain I could not eat it and why. Rather than offer an apology, ask if I want something else from the menu, or an offer to fix it, she sweeps my meal away and says "I'll tell management". I see her talk to him in the distance, but neither she nor the manager returns to our table. I sit for the rest of the meal hungry and watch my spouse finish his meal! Unbelievable.

They at least took the $24 linguine off the bill when I asked. But that was still such a waste of the remaining $75 bill we paid for lobster entree, a starter salad, two drinks.

Just wow. I hope the rest of Maui is not like this.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank minicooperfan
LA
“The Best Food and Service in Lahaina”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to Maui several times, but not in the last six years, so I had forgotten how great Longhi's is. We went there towards the end of our one-week stay and were sorry we had not gone earlier that week. We liked it so much (both food and service) that we went back for breakfast the next morning. The manager, Michele, defines grace and hospitality and has clearly instilled it in the whole staff. We went to other great places (Ritz's Banyan, the Plantation House, Merriman's, Kimo's) but Longhi's remains our favorite. We can't wait to go back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Moscow, Russia
“extremely overpriced!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent view ! Only!
The waiters are slow!
Expensive and tasteless!
You will pay more than $ 60 per person for simply boiled fish!
And then for a disgusting Serves you will include into account 18% tip!

1 Thank Alexander Z
Seattle, Washington
“Over-hyped Mess”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We heard a lot about Longhi's and decided to try it for dinner. After several great meals, with amazing service, we arrived to find a long line and despite our reservation, a wait. Little did we know the experience would not be at all worth the wait.

We were seated and waited several minutes before seeing water or a server. When our server came she was pleasant, but hopelessly miscast in this role - she clearly didn't know the menu, couldn't offer suggestions, and ended up telling us about her Christmas Eve breakup with her boyfriend. The food, which was passable, but not good, took forever to arrive...as did drinks, dessert, etc.

Great location, a lot of hype, but much better places in the area.

Visited December 2012