“Fresh fish, great sunset, better Mai Tais”

Leilani's On The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Leilani's On The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 30
Transit: Maui bus stops right in front Whalers Village every hour!
Description: Located right on famous Ka’anapali Beach, Leilani’s offers the perfect vantage point for viewing amazing sunsets framed by the islands of Lanai and Molokai. The open air dining room offers sweeping ocean views and features a menu of fresh Island fish, seafood, prime rib, steaks,and barbecue ribs. The outdoor Beachside Grill has long been a popular place for both residents and locals to enjoy their favorite casual fare while sipping exotic cocktails and enjoying live entertainment. Menu offerings include appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, Hawaiian local plates, fish & chips and for dessert Kimo’s Original Hula Pie.
The Woodlands, Texas
“Fresh fish, great sunset, better Mai Tais”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We frequent this restaurant every trip to Ka'anapali. Located in Whaler's Village it is popular for sunset due to beautiful view right on the water. Their Mai Tais are some of the best we've had. Their fresh fish specials are truly fresh with creative blending of flavors and unique sides. The mushroom ravioli starter, while not Hawaiian or seafood, was outstanding! Try the scallops starter as well. Just delightful. Good food good service and a great view.

• Visited December 2012

Omaha, Nebraska
“Decent Food, Great Lava Flows, Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband, mother, and I went to Leilani's on the Beach for lunch on Christmas Day. They were pretty busy, but the wait was not too bad since we could look into the surrounding shops while the hostesses were getting to us on the list. Once we were seated, the waiter approached us to get our drink orders. After our drinks came (they took a little while), the waiter came back to take our food order. My mother had a question about something on the menu, and it seemed like he was in a hurry because he kind of became a little agitated that we didn't order immediately. My mother ordered, but I'm not sure he fully understood, because he then told her he would be back and that she would have more time to decide. After that, he was gone for quite a while. When our server came back, we finally ordered. I had the fish tacos. Again, our food took a while to come out. Once we got our food, I wasn't super impressed with my fish tacos. They were a little on the dry side and didn't live up to the "Best Rated Tacos" claim, but they were edible. I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the lava flow drink I had. Again, getting the check took a while and our waiter was not overly friendly, until he found out he was able to go home after he finished with all his tables. To be fair, it was Christmas day, but if I were working on Christmas, I would be more likely to be friendly than not so my tips didn't suffer because of my poor attitude.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, especially for a busy restaurant on Christmas day.

• Visited December 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Great ocean front dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We always enjoy Leilani's whether it's for a quick bite to eat or a drink. We usually go at least twice while staying in Lahaina. Their fish tacos were delicious and the drinks are average but the view makes up for this. The happy hour food is okay but not spectacular. I would recommend going once and then decide from there if you will go back.

Visited November 2012
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Great Atmosphere, food is just ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I wanted to like Leilani's more but the food didn't wow me. Our entrees came out awkwardly soon (like before our drinks arrived). The restaurant is very hectic and they really try to turn over tables quickly!

Visited January 2013
San Antonio
“BEST FISH TACOS IN LAHAINA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a close call as to the best fish tacos on Maui. We tried Coconuts Fish Cafe on our first night on Maui and they were awesome with the mango dressing. Leilani's tacos are spicier, smaller, and are fillets as opposed to the pieces used at Coconuts. It was a close call but I give the edge to Coconuts because the overall flavor of the fish and condiments.

Visited December 2012