Tripadvisor
Lahaina
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great food! Good value!”
Review of Nachos Grande

Nachos Grande
Ranked #147 of 299 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stopped for lunch and both had shrimp fajitas. The portions were large. The food was freshly prepared and very good. The shrimp were delicious! The service was excellent and the dining room was cute and very clean. I will certainly visit again!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (194)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for an early dinner to this restaurant. The food was great. Happy hour is from 4-7 pm with only $1 off for drinks. There are Friday specials as well. The food is good. There is not much space in the dining room. Service was good.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I went in with my sister after attempting to go to the food truck parking lot. It was closed so we wandered over to this taco place. I found the portion sizes a great value, we had to split one. There was tons of toppings, we got the ground beef version. The service was great. We were greeted and seated. They were not serving Chimmichangas on this night so we decided on the Nachos.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We decided to only have drink after viewing the inside. Its small and dirty. The bartender/server was nice and quick.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

As I write this I am digesting my dinner from Nachos Grande and I have to say that I have no plans at all to go back. We went based on a glowing review in the latest edition of the Maui Revealed book. I think they need to re-review it.

We walked in with our family of 4 and after 5 minutes nobody had greeted us. The tables in the dining room side were full and since it was our first time there I had no idea if you ordered at the counter and then find a table or if you got table service?

I had to ask the bartender what to do. He said they had table service. After a table cleared out it took another 10 minutes to bus the table.

Then we finally sat down next to a very loud group of about 10 people who were constantly swearing, even though they had a child with them and other patrons did as well.

After ordering it took 40 minutes for the food to arrive. I had to get up to get silverware, salt and pepper, hot sauce and water refills.

The food was actually decent and served hot.

The young man waiting tables also had to bus them, run the cash register and handle carry outs. He was not a good waiter at all.

If you must eat here, maybe a call ahead carry out would be best.

Drink prices were also pretty high for this whole in the wall place. Beer $7 and $12 mixed drinks.

Date of visit: December 2019