“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”

Nachos Grande
Ranked #160 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lahiana
“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm a local person who has lived on island for the last 10 years. I remember going to Nachos when I first moved to Honokowai and the food was amazing along with the wait staff, very cozy and personable. I recently went back to Nachos after several years of living on and dining in other Maui areas and I was horrified. The employee on call was sitting at the bar with his back to patrons and as my friend and I walked in he called out "Howzit". We said all was good and decided on the margarita and happy hour menu of tacos @ $2.00/ea. We informed the employee of our choice as he sat with his back to us watching tv. He came back with the food, no napkins, no silverware and sat back down to watch tv. My friend and I ate our meal, which we thought was worth the 2 bucks but definitely not anything special (food was premade and sitting in containers spooned out to order, bland and cold) . We asked for the check and it came back twice as much as the happy hour menu stated. Of course we approached the employee who shot back "You said you wanted the plate lunch!" which we never eluded to, we specifically asked for the ala carte bar menu. He got belligerent & angry so my friend & I paid the exorbitant bill and left. Feeling very used by this employee and wanting to contact the manager or person in charge so that other patrons would not have to go through the same experience, I got in touch with the owner. After explaining the horrible service and food experience, she was also belligerent and obviously had been drinking,
so I swiftly ended the conversation and will never recommend this restaurant to friends, neighbors, or even my worst enemies. Please be careful if you do decide to patronize this establishment HORRIBLE

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank C G

Calgary, Canada
“Leave -- don't even think about sitting down!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

In my few years of reviewing restaurants on Tripadvisor, this is the first time I've handed out a one bubble rating. I thought Canadians made bad Mexican food, but it seems Hawaiians do an even worse job. Usually I research my restaurants pretty carefully but this place was next to a grocery store we were shopping at so, what the heck, we decided to give it a try. Boy was that a mistake. The place was not clean. The "chips" were old, stale and tasteless. The salsa watery and tasteless. My margarita was watered down and not at all good. The burrito was marginally okay but not warm. Most of it wasn't consumed. Very disappointing. If there ever was a predictable restaurant failure, it's this place.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank drfumblefinger
Alberta
“Filthy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here the other night. Should have left when I saw the bathroom. We had dinner and went to pay, the cook stopped making a burrito, took our money then licked his fingers and went back to preparing the burrito. Totally gross.

1 Thank signgirl05
“Don't even think about it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Greasy, bland and down right disgusting. Run away! Service was horrible. We returned our food and went to L &L instead.

1 Thank lepoissonrouge
Portland, Oregon
“cold and no taste”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

we had been on Maui for about one week, had tried several wonderful restaurants, then decided on mexican... this was NOT the place for mexican. We were told there is "no good mexican or chinese on the island" but we thought we would give it a try.... bad idea. Listen to the locals as they know... the food was not warm, the chairs were very uncomfortable. The beans and rice were not heated at all. The enchilada was lukewarm. We will not be returning.

• Visited January 2013