“Delicious”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were visiting Maui and staying at the Ritz. We looked for a restaurant close by and found the Gazebo. We weren't sure what to expect after parking and looking around a bit. We ordered the pancake special, an omelette and some fried rice. Everything was absolutely perfect! I am not normally one for fried rice, but it was delicious and enough for 3 people! The service was pleasant and efficient and the prices were very reasonable for the area. The only downside was the wait for a table. I recommend trying to get there earlier as we went around 9am.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I found this place 10 years ago, and 10 years later, I've made a point to stop every single year thereafter for those delicious, amazing, out of this world Banana Macademia Panacakes and a side of the fried rice with Portuguese sausage (okay, I'm hungry again for them, and I'm sadly 6hrs of flight time away from it), it's just too good not to try what's in the menu. Starting from the experience of seating underneath a Palapa style Gazebo with a view that it's just breathtaking and sometimes lucky enough to see the spinner dolphins right from the water view window seating. You can tell the staff has worked there a while and they are very sweet and attentive. You can definitely ask them for their favorite and just try it, it may become yours too. Anything and everything is delicious here, so give it a try. After your breakfast, you can walk right to the tide pools in front of the Gazebo or stroll on the beach. This is a great little place, try it.

2  Thank NinaNBob
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We ate breakfast at the Gazabo Restaurant on Napili Beach during our visit to Maui in July. We arrived at 6:45 am (45 minutes before they opened) for breakfast and we still not early enough for the first seating. But the breakfast was worth the wait! The fried rice is out of this world with bacon, cubed ham, and all the rest that you would expect with fried rice. The scrambled egg is served on top of the rice. I ordered the "large" plate (which could easily feed 4 people)! The leftovers were a treat each time I warmed it up! My husband ordered 3 of the many kinds of pancakes offered, which were the size of dinner plates! He, too, had leftovers for the next 2 days! They even give you syrup to go with your take home container. I saw the eggs benedict at a table next to us and it looked delicious! The view of Napili Bay is breathtaking! Our advice would be to arrive early if you prefer to wait at the front of the line rather than the back of the line. Once the line started, it never stopped! Service was excellent! The waitresses are attentive and friendly. (The only thing that would make them faster might be roller skates!) We will definitely go back on our next visit to Maui!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We travel to Maui twice a year and have made it a point to always have lunch here, as I adore the Southwest chicken salad which is the absolute perfect lunch for me, followed by a blueberry pancake for dessert. Lately though, the line to get in has been getting longer and longer with every visit. This would not be a problem for me, except that the only place to wait offers no shade whatsoever, and on a hot sunny day, this is offputting. The restaurant is small and quaint situated directly on the ocean and if you are lucky enough to get a seat by the window, it's awesome. Service is good amd the line moves fast as this is not a place to linger.

1  Thank Francie S
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had to wait about an hour. The food was great! The portions were large especially the rice dish. We didn't try the pancakes and wish we had. The area is beautiful.