“Great but not worth the wait and definitely not as good as it's made out to be”

Gazebo Restaurant at Napili Shores
Ranked #14 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don't get me wrong. This was a great breakfast in a great setting. I'd definitely recommend trying it one time if you're in the area. I just think there are a bunch of restaurants close by with great breakfasts and great settings where you don't have to wait an hour for a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,723)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had breakfast here a couple of times when we stayed in Napili. There is quite a queue for breakfast - we waited about twenty minutes each time - but there's free coffee to stop you going back to sleep.
It's worth the wait to get a great breakfast with a stunning view. The pancakes are very tasty and there's a good selection.
Much better than a hotel buffet!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

You know when you go some place on vacation and you can't remember the week you get back home anywhere you ate? This isn't one of those places. In fact, after a trip to Maui, I'm sure it will be on your list of places that you must return to. Unbelievable view for a simple breakfast spot. And the food is fantastic. Omelets are huge and fresh, and the pancake offerings make you feel that excitement you felt when you were 6 years old and first had strawberries and whipped cream on your cakes.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Something must have changed in this place, as I don't see how to give them a good rating. It looks like they just stopped caring, as customers keep showing up and don't mind waiting 40 min to be seated for breakfast. I ordered pancakes with a banana, and found two pieces of banana on the side of one pancake. The white mush they put on the pancakes just makes them soggy, I wasn't sure what it was, but definitely not whipped cream. I would rate Denny's pancakes higher. Not knowing how big their portions are we ordered a normal portion pancakes for our daughter. She barely could eat one. Appears they do have children's portions, just our waitress did not bother to tell us.  And their pancakes are $10.50! You keep feeling being rushed, which is understandable as there is a line outside, but it is not how you want to start your day while on Hawaiian vacation. We wanted to like this place and we wanted to start our vacation in a relaxed aloha way. After getting a check, we left $50 bill to pay for three portions of pancakes, orange juice and coffee and 15% tip. On the exit we were approached by a waitress informing us that gratuity is not included in the check. That just made our day …

1  Thank Bernadett23
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We decided to come here instead of eat at our hotel (Hyatt) because we were quite disappointed with dinner the night before. So glad we did that because the pancakes and fried rice were so delicious. The pancakes are fluffy but what's amazing is the whipped cream. It had a toffee flavor and oh dear, did I want to lick my plate. We were recommended the half order of fried rice, so we got that, and were quite happy with it. Much better than fried rice we've had at some Chinese restaurants! The half order was more than plenty for the two of us. We wanted to return here during our stay but didn't have the time to do so.

There are photos of the long line but when we went, there was no line. However, a short line did start to form a little after noon. I would recommend going at 11:00 or so, and if not, to call and see how long the wait might be.

For those who are afraid of birds, this might not be a good place to dine because they like to hang out with you in hopes to get some of your food. They do keep a distance but I did have a pigeon brush my leg.

1  Thank Pumpkin_Cupcakes