“Outstanding”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the U.S 2021 (TripAdvisor). Top 15 Fine Dining in 2020. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 28 years in a row (1994-2021). Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters. Please note that we do not allow any outside wine, no corkage available.
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of a Hawaiian native. My friend got the beef ravioli and I got the blue corn chili rellano as appetizers. She loved the ravioli. The chili rellano was so flavorful and huge. Big enough for 2 but I finished without a problem. I got the short ribs that were too good to even describe. She got the sesame crusted ahi which was cooked perfectly. Service was wonderful. Atmosphere is comfortable. We got the key lime tart for dessert. The crust was delicious, the lime nice and tart. My only disappointment is it had a meringue crust which wasn’t stated on menu. I’m not a fan of meringue. Personally.
I think the tartness would have been better with something a bit sweeter like whipped cream although I feel bad saying anything negative because it is truly an outstanding restaurant and worth the price. Also the portions are quite adequate. You don’t leave hungry. A restaurant not to be missed when vacaymtioning here.

2  Thank amn2117
Write a reviewReviews (4,058)

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

If you get an opportunity to have dinner here - do it. The atmosphere
and service were wonderful and the food was delicious. Be sure to order “The Road to Hana” dessert. It is to die for!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

The service was impeccable, the location and ambiance made you feel like you were in New Orleans and the food was outstanding!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

Our dinner at the Lahaina Grill was delicious. I ordered the filet while my wife ordered the rack of lamb. Very unique flavors and we were definitely satisfied. They gave us a complimentary slice of their berry pie for dessert... it was to die for. Obviously, you are paying a good buck for this meal; it was definitely the most expensive meal of the trip. Was it worth double the price of other meals we ate? Probably not, but there's a reason it's ranked #1 on here. The food is great.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

I have been to great restaurants around the world and this one stood up with the best of them. The food was outstanding, the service was the best, and the people from the time we walked in to the time we walked out were the best.
The menu is filled with all types of options and our server explained them all to make our anniversary experience the best. The food and wine selections are many so just take your time to go through the menu, relax, ask for help in your selections if needed, and your dinner will be fabulous.
The place is pricing, but all top restaurants are. I have mentioned many times that price shouldn't matter if all the boxes get checked. They were this night as they lived up to their reputation from service to food as a top billed restaurant! I don't hand out many 5 stars, but I can't say enough good things about this place as our night was perfect! Thank you for such a great anniversary dinner!

1  Thank ggak