“Best restauant in Lahaina”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the U.S 2021 (TripAdvisor). Top 15 Fine Dining in 2020. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 28 years in a row (1994-2021). Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters. Please note that we do not allow any outside wine, no corkage available.
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We made reservations well in advance for our party of 7. We we seated in a semi private area in the front of the restaurant. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Appetizers and entrees were generous portions. Food quality and presentation was excellent.

The restaurant is easy to find and pay parking lots are close by. Free street parking was available but difficult to find. Air conditioning worked well. Everything in the restaurant was sparkling clean. The restaurant does not allow corkage.

The owner introduced himself to each table. A super nice host.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Brad L
Write a reviewReviews (4,058)

Reviewed May 3, 2019

So after many years of not going here, finally made the reservation in time and our group of 5 (adults) had a 7:30 seating. We arrived a bit early and sat at the bar. Drinks were great -- a bit different than your typical island drinks which suited us and the restaurant perfectly (think martini/manhatten island style). We were seated at our appointed time (nice) and to be brief.....Service, bread, appetiers, salads, and of course, the entrees were all fantastic. While it is not inexpensive, it was worth it. It was a birthday dinner and it was amazing -- start to finish. (I would not take children here though). The quality of the fish (we all got some sort of seafood) was excellent, not overly sauced but delicious. Wine recommendations were good also. Really, I can't wait to go back. Yes, it is expensive, but if you care about your food, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

We went there to celebrate my son's birthday. The service was excellent. The only gripe I have is that for a steakhouse, they had only one steak option. Thank God it was excellent! My wife ordered the fish which was great as well!

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Although we mistakenly arrived on the wrong night , the hostess graciously seated us without having a reservation. The restaurant was very busy, but we were seated at a lovely table and our waiter , Salvador was wonderful. Great service, outstanding food, could not have been better. We will be back !!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019

Lahaina Grill is considered one of the nicest restaurants in the Lahaina area. I have to say that I can possibly see why but it didn't rate that well for me or my friend. The restaurant has nice ambiance with beautiful art. It's located conveniently by downtown Front street. The menu is nice and very upscale with expensive pricing. Our issue is that the service was poor and the fish entrees we chose just were not that good. We chose the mahi mahi with the gorgonzola, potato, etc....preparation. The fish was cooked nicely although it didn't taste much like the usual mahi mahi. However, the preparation was made up of about 4-5 different things going on from potatoes on spinach so it was confusing. A great fish entree does not need such a complicated, mixed preparation in my opinion. They had a nice selection of wines by the glass. The tables are close and the noise level was very high with a few tables that were really loud so that was annoying. I think the food is good but not my favorite restaurant in Maui.