“Good But...”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 24 years in a row (1994-2017)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love Lahaina Grill... I remember when it was David Paul's (I miss David Paul's)... Any who... My hubby and the girls really enjoyed their entrées... me, not so much. I am a vegetarian, and was not a fan of spending $40 on polenta and the other options were not that accommodating. So if you are a vegetarian, skip Lahaina Grill... Of course, if you eat meat run in there. The cocktails were really yummy and of course the warm bread with the herb butter was fabulous!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my absolutely favorite place to eat anywhere. I look forward to our annual visit. The food is outstanding whether you order fish or beef. Their french onion soup is the best i have ever had. The service is bar none, the most attentive and personable anywhere. We just love Lisa and Justin who have an amazing work ethic and make our experience their awesome. Don't miss Lahaina Grill when in Maui.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a special occasion restaurant if you are ready to spend big bucks, and I mean big. Many celebrities frequent this place when in Maui. Be sure to make reservations for tables that are quiet and not so crowded. The service is excellent. My husband ordered the steak special after it was introduced, and made the mistake of not asking the price. It was $72. He was shocked and we teased, but it was delicious. In fact all of our meals were top grade. We were celebrating a birthday so it was worth it. There are other good restaurants in Maui, so if you do not want to spend a lot, try the others.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Yes, the food is good. But for two we paid $270, including an inexpensive wine (their special for the month). I mean, $27 for a single chili relleno pepper (with tax and tip, that is about $35!). A simple dinner salad, $18 (about $24 with tax and tip). When we reflected on some very nice meals we could have for half, or less, we decided we would not return, choosing to have two or three very nice meals elsewhere.

So, good food, but their costs are so far off reasonable, they receive two stars.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Amazing. Yes, it's pricey. But it's worth it. I'm more of an "eat to live" type of person than I am a "live to eat." But I know GREAT food when I taste it and this place is great. Our waiter was a super nice kid and was very much on top of it.

And if you're a whiskey/scotch/old fashioned/manhattan type of person, try the smoking gun. The bartender has some kind of special recipe she invented and it's FANTASTIC!

Been to Lahaina Grill? Share your experiences!