“Absolutely my favorite place”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 24 years in a row (1994-2017)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Alamo, California
“Absolutely my favorite place”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my absolutely favorite place to eat anywhere. I look forward to our annual visit. The food is outstanding whether you order fish or beef. Their french onion soup is the best i have ever had. The service is bar none, the most attentive and personable anywhere. We just love Lisa and Justin who have an amazing work ethic and make our experience their awesome. Don't miss Lahaina Grill when in Maui.

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Clemente, CA
“Too expensive, but great food and service.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a special occasion restaurant if you are ready to spend big bucks, and I mean big. Many celebrities frequent this place when in Maui. Be sure to make reservations for tables that are quiet and not so crowded. The service is excellent. My husband ordered the steak special after it was introduced, and made the mistake of not asking the price. It was $72. He was shocked and we teased, but it was delicious. In fact all of our meals were top grade. We were celebrating a birthday so it was worth it. There are other good restaurants in Maui, so if you do not want to spend a lot, try the others.

• Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Just too expensive for value received...”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Yes, the food is good. But for two we paid $270, including an inexpensive wine (their special for the month). I mean, $27 for a single chili relleno pepper (with tax and tip, that is about $35!). A simple dinner salad, $18 (about $24 with tax and tip). When we reflected on some very nice meals we could have for half, or less, we decided we would not return, choosing to have two or three very nice meals elsewhere.

So, good food, but their costs are so far off reasonable, they receive two stars.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Well worth the money”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Amazing. Yes, it's pricey. But it's worth it. I'm more of an "eat to live" type of person than I am a "live to eat." But I know GREAT food when I taste it and this place is great. Our waiter was a super nice kid and was very much on top of it.

And if you're a whiskey/scotch/old fashioned/manhattan type of person, try the smoking gun. The bartender has some kind of special recipe she invented and it's FANTASTIC!

• Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Dale Grill should be the title of this place”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I don't think any server has left me more impressed than Dale. I've dined in a lot of different places across the world and Dale is unmatched for his service. He is meticulous in his preparation and promise. The restaurant is fantastic for everything, and when its coupled with a server like Dale you just have a phenomenal experience. Definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever dined at. Thanks DALE we love you and will always remember you.

The only change I would make is the stuck up/arrogant young ladies up at the front who give the restaurant a bad vibe. They are so lucky to have Dale as the line-back :)

• Visited July 2014

Been to Lahaina Grill? Share your experiences!