“Lahaina Grill - excellent, but expensive!”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 24 years in a row (1994-2017)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I overheard someone talking about Merriman's up in Kapalua that "you can get better, but you can't pay more". I think that motto applies to Lahaina Grill as well. To be fair, my meal was outstanding having ordered, upon recommendation, Chef Arnie's Home-made meatballs - they were exquisite and I would not hesitate to recommend or to order again. However, our table of 6 adults with an equal number of kids somehow ordered $80 in Voss bottled water. That coupled with a $100 bottle of Duckhorn (which is going rate) and you are on your way to an expensive meal. I don't mind paying for the good stuff, but I felt like I was nickeled and dimed to death. Again, in fairness, no one complained about their meals. To the contrary they were all excellent with the golden and red beet salad being particularly singled out and praised along with the baked escargot and those meatballs. At the end of the meal the obligatory 18% gratuity was pushing $100. I'll let you do the math to figure out if it is worth it.

While my impression of the Lahaina Grill is a little skewed by the price, you will find that the service is impeccable - if not too generous (see bottled water comment above). We made reservations for our large party only to show up and find that they mistakenly made it for 4 instead of 12. While busy, they managed to accommodate us with only a slight delay.

Probably best for special occasion or couples dinner. Not best option for larger groups or kids.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I don't often leave reviews for restaurant, but this one was truly amazing. Amazing food, knowledgeable service, great wine list, we had a fabulous time. It's not cheap, but it's worth it!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We always eat here during out Maui visits and the food is always fabulous. On This visit we started with a bottle of pinot noir and rolls with their wonderful herb butter, We shared 2 salads, the spinach salad and the goat cheese salad. Both were great. Our entrees were the signature tequila shrimp with firecracker shrimp and the seafood opakapaka special. Both entrees were great but the opakapaka was as good a seafood dish as I have ever eaten. For dessert we shared a beautiful Road to Hana chocolate torte. Our server, Mary was very attentive and professional. As always, we had a great experience at The Lahaina Grill

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We have been enjoying fabulous dinners at this restaurant for years now and it became our favourite in Maui very quickly. The food is out of this world delicious and the service is exemplary. The waiters are very well trained (as is all the staff) and they are so friendly, attentive and professional without being stuffy. We have had so many laughs with Michael, he is particularly friendly and funny. Also had Noa this year and he was great. From the handsome friendly guys that fill your water to the one who grinds your pepper, we are always so impressed by how they make eye contact with you, ask you how everything is going and if there is anything they can do for you. The manager at Lahaina Grill deserves huge praise for how she runs this place. She herself comes around to every table at some point during your meal to ensure everything is to your liking. The staff remembers your birthday and anniversary by sending you cards in the mail to your home, hand signed by all the staff members. Such a nice touch and you never doubt how much these people value your patronage. Every year when return to Maui we anticipate returning to Lahaina Grill to enjoy their fabulous food and hospitality.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We chose Lahaina Grill to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were glad we did. They really made the occasion special. We received a "happy anniversary" card and had our picture taken, which was sent to us via email. Both were kind gestures that we have never before experienced from a restaurant.

We were also glad we chose this restaurant because the food was excellent. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. My "toy box tomato salad" was full of beautiful heirloom cherry tomatoes served in a martini glass. I chose to have the seared ahi and Hudson Valley foie gras appetizer as my entree, and I'm glad I did. The portions were large enough to be an entree. The ahi was seared perfectly and tasted like steak, and the foie gras was delicious.

This was an evening we will remember for a long time. I would highly recommend Lahaina Grill to anyone visiting Maui.