“Anniversary Dinner just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 24 years in a row (1994-2017)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Laurel, Maryland
“Anniversary Dinner just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here last week for our 5th year anniversary. I made reservations more than a month in advance and asked for a nice table because it was our anniversary. They seated us in the bar area next between two tables, one table was near an exit door and and the other was near another door. Neither door was used but so much for requesting a nice table. I didn't understand because there was a main dining room but I was too tired after flying all day from Maryland to complain about the table. Our entree's were good but the appetizer was horrible. I had fried oysters and it came with coleslaw with honey mustard sauce. Of course it wasn't written up like that in the description of the food but that is basically what it was. The waitress too it off the bill. I had the mahi mahi which was great and my husband liked his chicken wrapped in pancetta. The restaurant did take a picture of us for our anniversary and emailed it. So that was nice but what is the point of making a reservation more than a month in advance to sit in the bar area?

• Korean first
Washington Twp NJ
“We never miss and it never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went to Lahaina Grill about a week ago. We were celebrating birthday and anniversary. As we had booked many "excellent" restaurants on Maui, we found this to be the best. It surpassed many of the others that are rated higher on Trip Advisor. I had the short ribs and my husband had the fish special of the day. Onion soup was one of the appetizers. The short ribs melted in my mouth....and my husband didn't leave a morsel of the fish. We took home the leftover short ribs and they were our last night's meal in Maui. This place, although not overlooking the ocean, never disappoints. The place was busy, yet service was very attentive and responsive. At the end, we were served with a birthday wish....and a special photo was taken and sent to our email address. What place does that these days? Not an inexpensive night....about $200 per couple with drinks...but we had expected that in advance. Tip: Get there a bit early and walk around Lahaina. Very quaint, nice village with some great shopping.
Parking might seem challenging at first within the local lots...but after you get used to the machines/tickets it is fairly easy. We have been to Lahaina twice now...both times for my birthday when we visited from NJ. As mentioned, went to other top rated restaurants such as Mama's Fish House, Gerard's and Merriman's. This place tops them all!!!! Don't miss it. We will hopefully be back.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We just spent a week in Maui and as I had been there before we were in search of new restaurants to try. Lahaina Grill has always been a favorite but again we always try to seek out new experiences. Well, we did and all of us agreed that our dinners (we had to go back a second time) were outstanding. The Ahi is exceptional and the dessert selections were incredible. Richard is such a great waiter and his suggestions are spot on. There are wonderful restaurants in Maui but honestly, this one is still the best! Bon appetit!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best of the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have been frequenting the Lahaina Grill for over 10 years and hope to return there for many more. The food is always prepared well, the menu is creative, the service excellent. There are many signature preparations that have been featured for years but there are also new things added from time to time. I've tried many of the entrees, but have settled on the ahi tuna as my favorite. If we are on Maui for more than a few days, I know I will be there twice.

• Visited September 2013
West Linn, Oregon
“Great food as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have been to Maui three times and to the Lahaina Grill three times. Each time the food was outstanding and the service even better. The steak and lobster was cooked perfectly to order and the desserts were the highlight of the meal. We had two 13 year olds with us and the waiter was incredibly patient with them both. Highly recommended.