“Grilled Fish Taco”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 25 years in a row (1994-2018)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We ate at here twice and the grilled fish tacos were great and the drinks great. My recommendation is to go during happy hour and save big on drinks and food. They also have outside seating with live music on the beach. Nothing better than that!

1  Thank luvtravelVirginia
Write a ReviewReviews (3,145)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of the better places we ate at on Maui. They acknowledged our honeymoon by taking our picture and will email it to us which was very nice. Our waitress was good when she was paying attention to us but at different times during dinner I thought there was too much time between visits. My dirty martini needed more olive juice to be a better martini but we were happy with the house Pinot noir which I switched to. The main entre was very good and we finished it off with pinapple upside down cake which was also very good.

This place is upscale and will cost you more than some other places, be prepared to have 1.5 - 2 hr dinner and some very good food. I enjoyed this place more than Merriman's based on better service, better food, and atmosphere. Merriman's has the sea side view, Lahiani Grill does not but you have to like food and service first!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lahaina Grill came highly recommended, and it was the first place we had dinner in Maui. The food was fantastic. It was quite pricey, but we were mentally prepared for that. The home-made herb butter is delicious! I even got the recipe for it. :) Anyhow, everything started off great, but I became more disappointed as the night progressed. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and by 7pm the restaurant was packed. It was so incredibly noisy during our meal that my husband had a hard time hearing me speak to him (and we were next to a wall in a little "nook" of the restaurant! It was ridiculous.)

Our waiter was just okay. We felt that he was annoyed that we didn't want to drink alcohol that night. He kept offering it to us and it made it uncomfortable. Perhaps he had too many tables that night, or perhaps he was mad that we weren't spending a fortune on drinks, but his visits to our table were few and far between. We kind of felt ignored over the course of our evening. I was also annoyed that no one asked us if we were celebrating anything! I put it on our online reservation -- we were celebrating my 25th birthday AND our 2 year wedding anniversary. In the mean time, restaurant staff were taking pictures (in order to email to the guests) of people on their honeymoons and celebrating birthdays... but no one came to our table! It was so sad. Finally, at the end of our meal (after 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, and a dessert), I asked the waiter to take our photo since it was a special occasion. He THEN asked what we were celebrating and just before we asked for the check, he brought a mini creme brulee with a candle in it. It was, of course, delicious... but less thoughtful and special since it came as an after-thought. We were already so full too! I dont know how Lahaina Grill chooses who to celebrate, but there was a family celebrating the wife/mom's birthday at a table close to us. There were ALWAYS waiters attending to them and taking their picture... and they got one of the official restaurant photos taken... and the birthday girl got a HUGE dessert assortment plate. I have no idea what that was about.

All in all, the food was fantastic. Our final bill for the 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, 1 dessert, and 2 coffees was around $170. I'm not sure if I would go back though... I thought that the service and ambiance were both lacking. I would rather spend that much money at a place that's all 10s.

1  Thank NavyWife11
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked this restaurant based on previous reviews and list of awards. Unfortunately, I think their success has gone to their heads.
On the positive: the food and ambiance were very good
And the negative: the food wasn't good enough to justify the prices even by Maui standards, and our server was VERY aggressive with the "up sell"
In my opinion, too many other options to go back

2  Thank Jaxman98
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This was the best food and dining experience I had in Maui both times I visited. There is no ocean view, but the fantastic food and service make up for it! This restaurant is a must while on the island!!!!

1  Thank Carolyn G

Been to Lahaina Grill? Share your experiences!