“Very high quality eatery”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Ranked #4 of 278 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 25 years in a row (1994-2018)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My research told me that Lahaina Grill was the best high end eatery on Maui and after eating there I think that my research was very likely correct. The food was all delicious. We had the cake walk and the one with the lobster in it was only average but the tuna & shrimp cakes were better than expected. I had the osco buco and it was done very well, very tender with that deliciously rich sauce and they did give me small spoon for the marrow which tells me they know what they're doing. My wife had the scallops and they were done perfectly and had a uniquely delicious scallop flavor. We also did the dessert sampler, the mixed berry pie was my favorite but all 4 were well above average. Service was very attentive and the waiter really seemed to know the menu and specials well. This place is definitely on the pricey side but if you're not opposed to spending a bit on a meal I'd highly recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,313)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Not to be missed are the wagyu raviolis and the fois gras/ahi dishes. Service is perfect, attentive and very helpful.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Lahaina Grill has service and delicious food down to an Art and Science. There would be a list of 15 different acts of friendly service they provided my wife and I during our 1.5 hour anniversary dinner together. Don't leave Maui without visiting the Lahaina Grill. This is an outstanding restaurant! Great food accompanied by a staff that thoroughly enjoys what they do! During our dinners we caught each other saying Mmm or this is soooo good many times each.Congratulations for a well rounded experience! We will be back!

All the staff except for the bartenders were dressed in nice white pressed shirts and black pants. My wife and I were both surprised to see the two female bartenders working in the middle of restaurant wearing only a black tank top and black pants. Other then this it was a ***** dining experience. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

After 13 years of working in this lovely establishment i still love dinning here as a customer & guest! Maybe its not fair for me to write a review seeing that i work here? I can assure you i wasnt put up to it either! Just wanted to write a simple review after all i DO dine here often! So!! We have friends in town from oregon they wanted to make sure we had dinner @ lahaina grill 1 night on their stay, we sat at the bar with Annabehl & Mary (greatest bartendresses ever!) we all started w/one of Annabehl (LG's own mixologist) fabulous libations w/home made ingredients like Orange bitters Yummm! We had all our favorites, ahi foie gras, wagu beef ravioil, lamb chops, filet mignon & opakapaka we all shared & enjoyed every bite! Dessert was soooo goood too!! They have their own bakery in house our favorite was the granny smith apple tart & triple berry pie!! Mary & Annabehl made sure we all had a lovely evening w/ our guest w/ great service & hospitality! Even though im an employee here, this place is always a first choice & a must to bring all of our friends & family visiting or celebrating any occasion. Hope too see you dining w us soon! Never know i might end up being your server haha!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I chose the Lahaina Grill to eat at while in Lahaina based on other diners recommendations. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We started out with a bottle of wine from a nice wine list. Unfortunately, all red wines were pretty much $60.00 and up. Expensive wine lists seem to be common in Hawaii. The wine we chose, at $60.00, a Molly Dooker Shiraz was very good. The rolls and the fresh herb butter were delicious.
I had the Bufala Tomato Salad at $23.00 and my wife had the Spinach Salad at $13.00. They were expensive but delicious. I had the Salmon at $40.00. It was very fresh but slightly dry/overdone. The spinach, asparagus, and rice accompaniment were delicious. My wife had the short ribs at $39.00 and found them slightly lacking in flavor. She loved the mashed potato and asparagus accompaniment.
The service was impeccable and the atmosphere pleasant although noisy. There is no water view. Would I recommend it? Yes, but be forewarned that a dinner for two, with a bottle of wine, will be well over $200.00 with a well deserved 20% tip.