“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Gerard's

Gerard's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gerard's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wainee
Transit: Bus stop behind Wharf shopping center (3 blocks away)
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I have been enjoying Chef Gerard's food and ambiance for over 10 years, and this year was another excellent meal with superb service. We always eat on the porch and usually order one of the fish specials. We enjoy the combination of local fish and a traditional French preparation, the best of farm to fork. We are not fans of "fusion food" which usually means terriyaki sauce on everything, and muddled flavors. There is no such muddled food flavor at Gerard's, the real pleasure here is that the ingredients shine independently and are combined on the entree plate in ways that compliment the individual items and also create a composite flavor package.

Our server, Richard, is a special part of the experience, always available, never hovering. We often have him select a bottle of wine for us when we want to try some producers new to us, and he always makes an excellent choice. Don't miss this gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank LuigiandFulvia

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The service was good but not great. A very nice menu but beware...not many choices. My husband loved his dinner but the lamb was somewhat overlooked. (Even though he asked for rare). I had the fish special and it was good. Sitting outside was beautiful.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a fabulous restaurant to watch the sunset. The food is excellent and the daily soups are flavorful and innovative. The fresh food from farm to table is very evident in their menu.

1  Thank Travelgal031
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The food is wonderful and very French but the waiters are not snooty. The ambiance is certainly part of what makes Gerard's special. You are seated in a garden or on the porch overlooking the garden, music in the background, great wine, wonderful food, what more could you ask for.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to Gerard's again the other night and I must say yet again I was not disappointed. I loved the opakapaka with crab and champagne sauce. Superb dining! However in my many trips to this restaurant I will have to add that I'm not a fan of the desserts. But you can not go wrong on dinner.