“If you eat at only one restaurant in Lahaina...”
Review of Gerard's

Gerard's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gerard's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 263 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wainee
Transit: Bus stop behind Wharf shopping center (3 blocks away)
San Diego, California
“If you eat at only one restaurant in Lahaina...”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Best experience on the island and we have dined in some of the great restaurants all over the world. Excellent wine list including our favorite Rombauer Chardonnay ($90) and nice cocktail menu. We started with the Escargot Forestière and Seared Foie Gras Medallions. Amazing. The french onion soup is hands down the best I have ever had, anywhere. I opted for the Chef's special; Mahi Mahi with a lobster/crab topping, local vegetables sautee'd to perfection and potato's. My husband ordered the lamb which he loved. We closed it out with the Dusty Road desert and coffee drinks with Godiva chocolate liquer and creme...The service was superb and the chef stopped by to chat. If you stay at the Plantation Inn you will receive a $50 certificate, so do take advantage. Reservations are a must, but you will enjoy this lovely dining experience. If weather suits, request a table on the veranda!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank s b

USA
“Ambience, good food, great waiter”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Gerard's Is located in an old house in Lahaina. The setting alone makes it worth a visit. We were seated on the front porch on a perfect March evening. Phil, our waiter, was great throughout. Our party of four had appetizers and a variety of main courses. Everyone enjoyed their food (including some picky eaters). Dessert menu was also extensive. Strawberries Romanov refreshing and delicious.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Food that never disappoints”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The service excellent, the food over the top of deliciousness, and the ambience perfect, make your reservations as soon as you get to Maui so that you won't miss out on this culinary experience

Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Do you really have to have a french in Hawaiian island?”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Sencond night at Maui we decide to go for a most recomended and most desired restaurant in the region by zagot and by locals. And didn't take a while to figured out that it was a kind of mistake.I was disappointed by food mostly, didn ' t really care for the services nor atmosphere but I was expacting really great food.
Started with my personal favorite foie gra - 4/5
Shrimp with pasta - 4/5
Cucumbersoup - 3/4
Than it got really ugly
Red snapper way over cooked 2/5
Lack of lamb way way over cooked 1/5
Desserts pretty bad creme brulee I could still felt the suger 1/5.
I did ' t expect something super but I did expect something better. Also when I choose frech restaurant in Hawaiian island maybe I did expect a little Hawaiian kick to it.
Unless you really have to have a moderate french food and feel like to pay extra I would not recommend this place.
By the way happy thirty anniversary

2 Thank chuckkwon
Lakewood, Washington
“Delightful French twist on Maui cuisine”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

There are a lot of good restaurants on Maui that feature the same "flaky white fish" all reasonably well prepared in a setting that is hard to beat. So the rule is the food is at least OK. A few restaurants are a bit better and well worth the visit. Gerards is one of those. It sits smack dab in the middle of Lahaina on a side street. Ample pay parking is across the street.

We were shown to a lovely table on the covered porch with a little view of the night sky and in the few breezes that pass thru old Lahaina town. It can be warm in Lahaina but it was super pleasant to dine on the porch.

I can never resist foie gras and it was delicious here, although I rarely get enough. Just another tiny seared slice would be nice. The chef surrounded the seared foie gras with some kind of light syrup with par boiled fresh poha berries. Very colorful and delicious. My entree was a fish named in the Hawaiian language that you have to be Hawaiian to understand. But I was assured that a local fisherman had delivered this special fish right off the boat mere hours before, so we had to have it. It was crusted with a coating that had among other things star anise that just whispered a taste that really complimented the dish. My mom had the same and we both thought it was delicious. And all beautifully plated I might add.

Our wines were by the glass and they had an excellent Sauterne and Pouilly Fuisse --forgot to record those:(.

Desert was a Maui rendition of Creme Caramel surrounded by local strawberries. Lighter than usual and spectacular. Dad had profiteroles which looked like tiny chocolate hamburgers but were a lovely choux pastry filled with a rich chocolate mousse. Both were perfect but I definitely would not share the creme caramel, so make your own decision.

Service? Perfect and just what it should be.

When you tire of the usual Hawaii restaurants on the beach and want a truly lovely meal, I strongly recommend Gerards.

• Visited February 2013