“Took a bit of a dive in 2 years, about average now.”

Lahaina Pizza Company
Ranked #21 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the former home of the world famous Blue Max Restaurant, Lahaina Pizza Company is a local landmark. The upstairs restaurant, located directly across the seawall offers stunning ocean views. Watch surfers and fishermen as they depart Lahaina Harbor, while enjoying Lahaina Pizza Company's famous deep dish pizzas and house made sandwiches and pastas. Sunsets over Lanai are a perfect complement for the unique Mai Tai, made with Grand Marnier and award winning Buffalo Wings.
new york
“Took a bit of a dive in 2 years, about average now.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

OK, over the course of a 2 week stay, we are from Upstate NY and are going to suffer from pizza withdrawal. We got this pizza 2 years ago and found it very, very good. This time, the pizza was almost stone cold, even though we waited for it and kind of had a chewy, Pizza Hut crust. We ate it as we were hungry, but we wouldn't go again.

Olympia, Washington
“This is excellent pizza”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I frequently get pizza back home in Washington. We wanted to get pizza to go. We picked this restaurant because it was the highest rated one on Tripadvisor in the Lahaina area.

We checked the menu on line and ordered the Vegetarian pizza by phone to take it back to our hotel. We were told the pizza would be ready in 30 minutes. We timed it about right to get there after 30 minutes. It is tough to park in that area in the evening because many people head there for dinner and the social life. My wife got out and picked up the pizza while I drove down the block and turned the car around. It was ready when she went in.

The pizza was great. Pizza has three basic elements: crust, sauce, and toppings. This crust was thick but not too thick. The really good thing about it is that it had a flaky quality like a fresh croissant. I had not had a pizza crust like that before. It was very interesting, resulting in a superior crust. The sauce was not memorable but it was fine. The topings were generous and had fresh tasting ingredients.

The price was high for a pizza: $28.59 for one large pizza. A large pizza would be enough to feed three people with smallish appetites. My wife had two pieces. I had the other six.

Since we got take-out I can't comment on the service. The location is on Front St. and looks across the street to a nice ocean view.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“As good as I remember!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I came here 10 years ago on our honeymoon, and so made sure we did a return visit because we loved it so much the first time. It did NOT disappoint! The bruschetta was outstanding and the deep dish pizza was absolutely delicious! We went at lunch and the service was very good. Love this place and would highly recommend!!

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Looked promising, service ruined it.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We are big time pizza buffs and we were really excited to try this place out. It has an upstairs location with amazing views and terrific beers on tap. They specialize in deep dish, which is fine, and it was good, but in my opinion any great pizza place has options. You have to get deep dish, period. Watch out if you ask the server if they have a thinner option. They clearly have rehearsed this answer because it sounded scripted and crazy rude. This would have been tolerable if the rudeness and crappy service ended there, but it didn't. When we left the hostess asked us how everything was, so I shared my experience with her.....and she completely ignored me. We won't be back.

Texas
“Pizza in Maui - YOU BET”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

so when you travel to a tropical island vacation, the last thing you expect to put on your "must do" list is going to a pizza place - dispel that notion quickly and make Lahaina Pizza Company a stop on your Maui trip.

I grew up in Chicago and the Lahaina Pizza is as good as you can get outside of Chicago - it is deep dish, crust has an excellent flavor and the ingredients are plentiful. They also have outstanding sandwiches, salads and pasta, but while everything I've ever had there is delicious - the pizza is a must.

The restaurant is located on the second floor - there are some tables that overlook front street and the water which give the restaurant a nice ambiance.

Perfect for any occasion.