“Fabulous Happy Hour(s)”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous Happy Hour(s)”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a great time here, sampling a lot of the pupus available between 2 -5 pm. Food is great! Drinks are OK. I think next time we go there (and we WILL go there) I will have the wine or champagne rather than the cocktails.But the cost is good - about $5/plate for food and about $7 for the drinks. We got six of the plates and should have stopped at four. The cost for us was approx $60 plus tip and that was a late lunch/early dinner. VERY filling. Great staff. Fabulous view!

• Korean first
San Diego, CA
“Great place for food and view”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I ate here for breakfast and dinner and both meals were fantastic. The servers are all very helpful and have been their for 30 plus years. The view from the restaurant it awesome.

Philadelphia, PA
“Always good and a great ocean view...”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been here for breakfast, lunch and dinner and always a good experience. This visit was for the early bird dinner. Wonderful fresh salad with light dressing, sprouts, watermelon radish. Entree was macadamia encrusted mahi mahi, nicely cooked. Can't beat the view at sunset.

Texas
“Best View for Sunset, Food not worth It”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were in Maui and it was recommended that we go to the Sea House for dinner and to watch the sunset. The view and seeing the sunset was absolutely fabulous. The food was an entirely different story. We started with soups and salads. They were actually ok. We had the Maui Onion soup and the Caprese Tower. Both were tasty and were more enjoyable while we watched the sunset. However the main course was just bad. I ordered a Ribeye medium rare. When it arrived it was brown throughout not a hint of pink. I brought it to the waitress' attention and her first comment was that this was how they cook steaks medium rare - I was amazed that they would even say that. They persisted that they cooked it right and I had it wrong but after a lengthy debate including talking to the manager who wanted to say that in place of my steak I sent back they would provide dessert, they finally agreed to remove the cost from my bill. I will say they did offer to cook me a new steak, however by the time we got to that resolution, the rest of my party had finished their meal - so that really wasn't an option. Another person at the table Macadamia Crusted Sea Bass and again said the fish was dried out from being over cooked.

We did meet other people in maui who had a similar experience with their dinner but who shared that if you just go to watch the sunset and stick to appetizers you are fine.

Note this was an expensive meal - so I would suggest next time that you do just go for the appetizers and the sunset.

Redding, California
“Great View, Delicious Food!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We visit Maui several times a year and we ALWAYS eat at the Sea House at least 3 times each visit. You cannot beat the view, the wonderful service or delicious food. My fav is Hawaiian French Toast!! Put it on your "must visit" list. :)

Visited February 2013

Been to Sea House Restaurant? Share your experiences!