“Great atmosphere”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We dined on the first floor terrace and really enjoyed the experience. We had cocktails and pupus (appetizers) as our meals. We started with the macadamia crusted calamari which was excellent. My husband had the pulled pork which was very tasty and enjoyable. Wishes I had made that choice. I picked the fish tacos which was not overly delicious. I didn't like the big piece of unflavoured fish just put on the top of the taco. It lacked colour and seasoning. Of course we had the Hula pie. It was delicious. Great service and the sunset was outstanding.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,916)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had gone shopping to the outlet stores at Old Lahaina town. It was interesting that a shuttle with a fixed fare of $2 would take us from the hotel to outlet stores. Tired after the shopping we started walking and looking for a good place for Lunch. I loved the location of Kimo's. We sat in open air seating with the expanse of ocean in front of us. I wanted to sit on the edge but my wife warned me that waves would hit the wall and water would splash onto our food. She was right. As we sat a bit away we could see the water splashing those who sat on the edge.
I was recommended Fresh Island Fish by a very charming hostess. She said that it was her favorite. The description said this was the dish that made Kimo's famous. Fish roasted in sweet basil, lemon & garlic glaze with vegetables sounded good. It indeed tasted very good. Perhaps the best dish I had while I was in Hawaii. Devicka chose chopped chicken.
I also ordered some beer on the tap and again I went with recommendation of our hostess and enjoyed the beer while watching the boats sail in the ocean. The service was super quick and food was good. What else would you want for a nice lunch ?

Reviewed July 16, 2014

July 16, 2014 We are a family of 4 and shared out delicious dinners. Our waiter, and frankly the entire wait staff, were very friendly and attentive. My teenage son had a dish with a dish with crab, which was great. The other dinners were very good. The only very, very minor thing was we were solicited by a woman selling leis. While she was very nice, I don't like that type of solicitation. It certainly did not change a very enjoyable dinner experience, especially after walking through the shops on Front street.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We love the great little town and this wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere and ambiance was great with delicious fish.
I also loved the torches after sunset.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family loved this restaurant. We were lucky to get a table at the front right where the water is. Food was yummy, I had the coconut shrimps. MUST have a Hula pie for dessert, but would share this amongst the table as it is huge