“Exactly what we wanted”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 264 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Melbourne, Australia
“Exactly what we wanted”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Limos was full, however they managed to quickly find us a table upstairs,
Lots of atmosphere, plenty of birthday parties,
We advised our waitress Paige that we were off to an Elvis show, so needed to be out in an hour and a half. No problem, we weren't rushed but everything arrived in a timely fashion and out the door with 10 to go.
Paige was friendly, at tentative and helpful.
Sashimi to start was pretty standard fare however, we both ordered fish meals....mine was Parmesan and capers encrusted....yummy not certain what my wife had.....but she loved it.
We would come back ....downstairs looked like the bar area was a lot of fun.

• Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
“Service was timely, but not necessarily friendly”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I looked at the menus online and it was noted that they serve their lunch menu during dinner hours. Since I was craving a turkey burger, we decided to go there. The waiter was nearly appalled that I would ask for a turkey burger at dinner and said the website needs to be fixed, but said he'll ask the kitchen. He proceeded to tell me that the kitchen has so things they need to make, they won't be prepared to make this. However, he came back and said they could but it would have to basic: lettuce, tomato ...that's it. I asked if I could get cole slaw. Again, he explained this whole inventory process about it. My husband was not permitted to substitute a baked potato for his side even after offering to pay extra for it. We understand he was doing us "favors," so we very friendly to him. However, his actions and responses were very terse and we began to feel bad for wanting what we wanted!!! He seemed to be annoyed that we didn't order any cocktails. I felt like I had to justify why I didn't want a cocktail. It was very uncomfortable. Turkey burgers can be super tasty if prepared well, and ours were not tasty at all. I will note that they hostesses were very nice, and we were standing waiting for our table, a waitress came up and asked if we needed anything to drink. So, perhaps, we just hit a bad night with our server.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DebbieRae
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Good Dinner”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This review is a mixed bag. The staff are excellent. The reviews on this restaurant suggest it is generally excellent, and seeing the packed house when we arrived suggested the meal was worth waiting for. We reserved a table for 8:15 and did not get seated until about 8:45. The staff was very apologetic but it seems to me that a restaurant that does such a high business volume could plan better. The staff did comp us our salads for this issue, even though I never mentioned the delay in seating to them. They were out of my first choice for my main course. The iceberg wedge was fair, and was served with near tasteless blue cheese dressing. The fish dishes were excellent and delivered on the Kimo tradition. The kids burger was burned (not well done but burned), so they took this off the check as well. My guess is that our meal was served at the end of a long evening.... but I also think the kitchen and staff should be prepared for such an evening. The food quality ranged from burned to wonderful. Again the staff deserved 5 stars.

• Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Fish”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

An excellent meal all around. There were 8 of us and none had a bad meal. If you are a large party, reserve or call ahead because seating needs to be arranged for large parties.

Minneapolis mn
“Always love kimos”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Great views, good service suggest reservation or expect a long wait. One of our favorites in Maui muffins and bread are a plus. Go for the hula pie for dessert . Live musical in bar area creates a nice atmosphere

1 Thank Carol G