“Awesome place, just be warned of uninvited "guests"”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 276 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a tough one to write for me. The food: awesome. Scenery: awesome. Service: awesome. But, don't sit by the garden in the back corner. Here's the story: arrived early and sat at the bar. Bar tenders are great and attentive despite a packed place and lots if drink orders. We relaxed in the corner and at our exact reservation time, our beeper went off. After watching countless plates of delicious looking food go by, I was excited it was our turn. Apps were amazing (pork lettuce wraps),main meals awesome (filet and fish of the day), birthday dessert (hula pie....get it, awesome). Now the bad: we were finished with the pie, paid the bill and just relaxing by the water when my party mate glanced in the garden and went "what is that?" Sitting on the rock right next to us was a cockroach. Now, we are east coast folk and eat in the supposed "cockroach land", New York. However, I have never seen a cockroach in a NYC restaurant, staring at me. So we promptly left. If that had happened during our meal, this place would get 1star. Maybe they were scurrying around during our meal but we never saw one. The food is amazing, just don't sit by the garden wall. It's a shame we experienced this as this is a great place where they don't rush you at all.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,072)

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

After our dinner cruise was cancelled due to weather, my wife and I were left to wander Lahaina looking for a suitably romantic replacement. Just a few blocks down, we found Kimo's. A quick web search and we decided it would be a good place to try.

Our waiter was very friendly (even if a little slow), but we weren't in a hurry. Sitting along the upper railing with drinks in hand, watching the sun set over Lanai was perfect.

The selection of local beers was decent, and my wife was blown away by her mojito (mango or pineapple I think).

We started our meal with the macadamia battered calamari. I'm not one prone to exaggeration, but that was easily the best calamari I've had. Firm, meaty and tender, and the breading was delicious too. They also brought out fresh baked rolls and (carrot?) muffins. Both very good.

For our mains, the chefs selection of fishes made it hard to pick just one. Four types of fish, each prepared in the chef's choice of style. I had the Opakapaka "Kimo's style" (roasted garlic and basil). My wife had coconut crusted Ahi. So nice to find a place that would prepare it rare. Both were delicious, and reasonable portions for the price (not like some of those upscale restaurants that give you three bites).

Wish we had saved room for Kimo's famous hula pie, but by the time we had licked clean our plates, neither of us had room left. Gives us a good excuse to go back!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We just ate here and everything was perfect. We booked a reservation using the TripAdvisor app and it was super simple. The table and view was incredible and the food - cooked to perfection. We're back to Kimo's when we're back to Maui!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The fish tacos are to dye for, the view of Lahaina Harbor is spectacular, the waitresses are adorable, and it's affordable!!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Dinner here based on TA reviews. Three of us ordered different dinners and they were universally well prepared. Seared ahi was a standout; extraordinarily fresh (may have been the perfect night or they just have very good fish). Service was attentive and professional.