“Great meal and sunset”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 265 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
California
“Great meal and sunset”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We actually made a reservation for this visit, which really helped get a great table. We wanted to be at an ocean-side table for the sunset, and we were not disappointed. The staff here is always very attentive and fun. My ribs were ok (better last time we visited), but my wife's fish was outstanding. Unfortunately, we did not have room for the Hula pie, but it is something special that you must try if you are visiting for the first time.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Marlin to die for”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Getting to Maui in the afternoon and after a very close encounter with a sea turtle, we got hungry. Frommer's guide had a number of recommended restaurants in the Lahaina area, plus a pair of swimmers next us that afternoon mentioned Kimo's. We chanced it and we were not disappointed. The balcony literally hangs over the ocean and it was full of people, even for a "low" season. Ww got a table at the second level and close enough to the balcony to enjoy the moon crescent. I had the marlin Naigari with spicy peanut sauce and my wife had the opah, topped with lobster sauce. Even the salads (caesar's and Iceberg) were tasty. Very good service, excellenet tastes. It is expensive (this is Maui, after all) but worth it.

Tucson, AZ
“Absolutely great!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We travel to Maui regularly and Kimo's is our traditional place to spend our last evening because we know we won't be disappointed. Well, Friday night (the 6th of Sept. 2013) blew us away. We always request reservations so we can watch the sun set. Of course, they will do their best but cannot assure. We arrived at just after 6 with sunset at 6:40. Approaching 6:30 we were getting nervous. Then our buzzer went off and we were seated at a perfect table. Our server, while maybe a little stiff, was still very personable and friendly. We saw a wonderful sunset and many boats coming in and out of Lahaina harbor. I usually have a fresh fish selection (as there is nothing comparable in Tucson) but this time I debated between two features. The server sided with the seared Ahi so I went for it. Let me tell you (as I did him) I had no idea that Ahi could be so good. Wow! Look at the view I have attached, trust my palate, and do not miss this place.

Victoria, Canada
“Hula Pie - need I say more?”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

For great fresh caught fish Hawaiian style, go here! You have a great view of Lahaina harbour with tiki lights at night. The fish is real, and you can have it cooked however you like. And for dessert, try their famous hula pie - dare you to finish it off by yourself - it's a huge portion and you'll want to try, but it's not easy after the sumptuous meal. Friendly, fun staff too!

Visited January 2013
Parsippany, NJ
“Good dinner - not worth the price”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My family of four went to Kimo's in August 2013. Everything was fine, but not outstanding by any means. Waiter told me to order a special fish that was just caught. Again, it was fine, not great. Wife had the sirloin. Tough, not tender. Son had ribs - really enjoyed them. We had a coconut shrimp as an appetizer - very tasty. Dinner for four with drinks and no dessert was 170 with tip. Very pricey - just not a great meal.

I would not return. Had a much better meal at half the cost and the same sunset at Aloha Mixed Plate.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Kimo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!