“Great food, view and service”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 281 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My daughter and I ate here twice on our visit. We highly recommend their Ahi Tuna and Beet Salad. The lobster tails and coconut shrimp were slightly overdone one evening. The atmosphere is great, service attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,243)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and mum had dinner here and it was just fab.
Fresh seafood and yummy steaks. Great service and a wonderfull atmos.
Keep up the good work
Mahalo

Reviewed March 20, 2013

First visit I had a light lunch on the deck outside. Second visit I was with my family, we watched the sunset and had a truly delicious meal which included prime rib, fresh local caught fish and... wait for it... HULA PIE! The sunset was really beautiful, the service was SO GOOD! This place works for families, romantic couples or even bigger groups. Don't forget dessert...they are known for it!

1  Thank jmk171
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had added Kimo's to our 'My Saves' in Tripadvisor based on the reviews of the Hula Pie and it did not disappoint. I had the Caprese sandwich to start and my husband had Mahi sandwich, we then tackled the Hula Pie which would easily be shared between 4...I thought I may pop but still ate a good portion of it and it was lovely.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Kimo's is situated right on the water; large outdoor seating with tiki torches and a lively fun atmosphere with local bands for entertainment. We ate here 3 times while on our Maui vacation so it was obviously a favorite. Excellent cocktail menu, I loved the mango and pomegranite martini's but they were never made the same twice. The seared marlin bruchetta is an excellent appetizer and all the fresh fish is spot on with lots of choices and chef favorites. The manager greeted us each time we visited and genuinely cares that you have a great experience. The staff was great without being intrusive and don't forget the HULA PIE..If you are on a schedule make reservations, we didn't care how long we waited as we sat outside in the bar area listening to music, watching the incredible sunset and enjoying drinks and appetizers with friends...

1  Thank s b