“Go to Kimo's for the view...and the Hula pie!”
Review of Kimo's Restaurant

Kimo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 274 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was only 2.5 hours off the plane when I enjoyed lunch at Kimo's. Based on a suggestion from a local we stopped by around 1:00 in the afternoon for iced tea and sandwiches. The view is outstanding - a typical gorgeous Hawaiian seascape with fishing boats bobbing in the distance. I have to say that the food was just ok. I got a cheeseburger (vacation indulgence) that was fine. My guest got the fish tacos which were much nicer. Now - we didn't get the Hula pie here but we did enjoy it at Leilani's on the Beach and it's AMAZING. Gooey and cold and creamy and chocolatey deliciousness. So go there for drinks a dessert and the amazing view!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,913)

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Kimo's is a great restaurant right on the water. The views from the 2nd floor were awesome! The restaurant was great for a date with my busband, but can get a little loud since it is pretty big. The food offered a ton of options and was pretty good. The drinks were just ok. They have a ton of friendly servers, so you will always be well taken care of. Like most restaurants on Maui, it was pretty pricey, but overall worth it. We will definitely return on another trip to Maui!

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went there for lunch, mainly because I had read about the Hula Pie and had to try it. The cocnut shrimp were great and the Hula Pie was enormous. My husband and I shared a piece and I think 4 people could easily share one piece, it's that big ! It's icecream cake Hawaiian style. Worth trying once, don't know about twice.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

They make the Best maitai's that I have ever drank. You only need one, but have two if you wanna be giggly.
Wonderful food, great outdoor accomadations, you can people watch, too, Evening under the lights and umbrellas are romantic.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Fun place to have lunch right on the water. Great fish taco and Thai pizza. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE HULA PIE FOR DESSERT! We enjoyed the food and location so much right in Lahaina, we came back for dinner. Popular place so expect a wait. Food is good and enjoyable surroundings. Worth eating herre

Been to Kimo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!