7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$4,630
FindHotel$4,630
Tripadvisor$4,630
CheapTickets$4,630
Traveluro
Hotels.com
All reviews pacific dream photography four seasons serenity pool pool staff full kitchen the ritz sq ft star property valet staff amazing resort every amenity the cliff washer and dryer poolside service living room fitness center other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2014

To sum it up: UNBELIEVABLE. By far the most beautiful place we've ever stayed in. The part that blew us away was the staff and service. So friendly, so attentive, and they know you by name as soon as you arrive. They went completely above and beyond to make sure my new husband and I were satisfied. The grounds were flawless and the views are amazing. The spa was fabulous! So peaceful and gorgeous. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary! They are opening up a new restaurant soon, if they haven't already, and I am positive it will be more than excellent!

Room tip: I don't think there is a bad view on the whole resort! We stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom suite overlooking the grounds, pools, and a wonderful view of the ocean.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank Kaitlyn I
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Montage is like the Grand Wailea of West Maui, but on a more subtle scale with huge suites. Everybody was super friendly. I was there for a staycation with the kids and from the pool staff to the bartenders, room service, valets, etc, the aloha was great and so was the service. Rooms were incredible, huge, great for a big family trip. Kids loved the pool and the Kapalua Food and WIne Festival was happening that night so we had a good view of everything. Definitely worth the price and hopefully we'll be back soon.

Date of stay: June 2014
5  Thank EatDrinkBeMaui
Reviewed May 31, 2014

For our 25th wedding anniversary, my wife and I decided to ramp things up a bit and treat ourselves to a bit of luxurious vacationing. Life is short and each day should be a celebration, right? Rather than spend our dollars on air travel, my wife and I drove to the other side of Maui for a “stay-cation” at the recently remodeled and rebranded Montage Kapalua Bay Resort.

The Montage had no feeling of “hotel” as I checked in for our week long stay. The ambience was that of “family and friends,” where all the staff was encouraged to know each guest by name. Such a high-end resort might have oozed feelings of snobbery, but I felt the total opposite, as if I was completely welcomed into the home of a longtime neighbor. By the end of our stay, we had become personal friends with bellmen, concierges, housekeeping, pool and bar attendants, the cultural director, as well as the managing director of the resort.

The unique design of the very large center courtyard swimming pool allowed for every guest to find a private pool, lagoon, or waterfall. The maze of water plunged down three terrace levels. With each level offering a direct view of the ocean with Moloka’i Island on the horizon. I swam one evening under the stars and the flickering glow of the torches. It felt like being on a deserted South Pacific island.

At the Montage, every room is a suite – either two bedroom or three bedroom. Our room #2704 was a jaw-dropper with two master suites, two large walk-in closets, three humongous bathrooms, a full-sized kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances including built-in wine refrigerator. Oh, back to the bathrooms – the “toilet room,” the bath, the marble shower, and the double-sink vanity area was accessible via double French doors. The lighting and appointments were perfectly comforting. (I have been to other hotels that have needlessly placed telephones and flat-screen TV’s in the bathroom; not my style.) Instead, curtains on the large picture window directly behind the oversized tub could be drawn to reveal a stunning view of the coastline.

Our balcony was the crown jewel of the suite. It had way more than enough room for the four lounge recliners and also a four-seat patio table. I think 20 people could have a cocktail party on our balcony, and it appeared every other room at the resort had a similar arrangement. Both bedrooms had sliding doors leading to the balcony – this was perfect as our two college aged kids came to stay for a few nights during out visit.

As incredible as our suite was to lounge around in, I discovered three “hidden jewels” that I want to share with future guests, as I might have easily missed any of these in passing. I highly suggest you discover these places also:

1) The Beach Club Pool and Bar – this tiny infinity pool is virtually hidden, yet has one of the best locations on Maui. It is tucked in to a corner of the Montage, between buildings, with a direct view of the stunning blue waters of Kapalua Bay. The atmosphere is casual, and the food and drinks are fabulous. We became friends with Lori and Lisa, both long-time hostesses there.
2) The Spa Montage – from the front of the building, you would never guess there is a full-sized oasis of self-indulgence inside. Ask for the 10-minute tour and you will be sold! I am not a “spa person,” but this place trapped me in for some complete quiet time one morning.
3) The Cliff House – This unique old home was built into the rocky cliff about 30 feet above the water of an ideal crystal clear bay. It is not the actual structure that you are looking for, but the smooth sunbathing rocks on the far side. A five-ten minute walk from the Montage will take you around a trail on the north side of the Cliff House. It is a bit rocky and steep at the end. You will end up at a favorite local hangout where you can sit on smooth rocks, watching sea turtles, and snorkelers below you, all while being sheltered from the normal Maui trade winds. This bay has a magical feeling.

We were staying there during the final phases of construction of the new fine-dining restaurant, and so I cannot remark on this feature as we were not able to partake in the food of view. (The minor areas of construction were not bothersome at all. Actually, this helped us select the Montage Kapalua Bay as our destination as we were offered a nice room price in exchange for any inconvenience!)

I now have a richer understanding about the overall “sense of place” and history of Kapalua. This is something I did not expect. The many centuries of Hawaiian inhabitants of this place left archeological and spiritual reminders of cultural significance that beg us to respect the land and protect it for future generations. Try to take some time and read-up about Kapalua before you arrive, then you will have a greater appreciation for this land.

All-in-all, my wife and I have discovered our new favorite Hawaii getaway. The Montage Kapalua Bay will become a top recommendation for friends coming to Maui. While we are lucky enough to live here on the other side of the island, it was indeed difficult to pack the car and head home at the end of our anniversary week. I vow to return again!

Room tip: We were in room 4704, the top floor. We were able to view the coastline for miles in either direction. I am not sure I would recommend the ground floor. Our Two bedroom suite was able to easily our group of five for a couple nights, as housekeeping pulled out the sofa bed and made it up beautifully. Another tip is to close the balcony sliding doors before you open the front door on a windy day, or else your newspaper may fly away.
8  Thank RandyB756
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at the Residences a few weeks ago and were very impressed.

From the concierge to the valets, to the front desk people, to the housekeepers and gardeners, this is a first-class establishment. The customer service is excellent and our 2-bedroom villa was clean and well-furnished. We had a view of the ocean and an awesome and spacious lanai complete with lounge chairs and a table.

We had been advised beforehand that there was construction going on, but we were not bothered by it. It was done tastefully and in an out-of-the-way manner. I'm excited to see what the finished product will look like.

There are many paths surrounding the Residences and it's a short 5-10 minute walk to the ocean. The grounds are peaceful and well-maintained and the swimming pools were a huge plus.

When we arrived, our children were greeted with a small gift and my husband and I were given a lovely card and flower arrangement in our room to celebrate our anniversary. Everything about this establishment is topnotch.

We even had a discrepancy on our bill, which was promptly rectified.

I would highly recommend this place for everyone - whether families or couples. After staying here, it will definitely be hard to find another place that even comes close in comparison.

3  Thank Outdoorchick2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Truly one of our best stays at a hotel - the room we had was outstanding. HUGE! My parents who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary were simply over the moon. The view, the service, the facilities, everything...just fabulous. Our young son was on cloud 9 when it came time to feeding the fish, swimming in the amazing pool, borrowing the beach supplies and getting a stuffed shark to take home. Simply outstanding. Yes, there was some construction going on but it was so MINIMAL... no disturbance at all and very discreet. Can't wait to go back one day...

Date of stay: April 2014