“Incompetent”
Review of Aloha Motorsports

Aloha Motorsports
Ranked #79 of 153 Outdoor Activities in Lahaina
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I brought my Suzuki in to Aloha about 6 months ago to have a new tire put on. They ordered a new one for me and told me that it would take a couple of weeks to get in. After about a month of no returned call I stopped in. They said they could put it on right away. They put the wrong tire on. When I pointed it out, they didn't offer to replace the tire, they just gave me a 10% discount. A few months later I was actually offered a position with the company. I was told by Richard the owner that they needed someone like me to get the place organized as customer service had gone down hill. But they couldn't afford me and so off I went. A few weeks later I decided to buy a scooter. I walked in and said hi to Richard and he gave me a great deal...although it took four trips to the store to get my scooter because it was never ready even though they said it was. Part of the deal was to pick up my Suzuki and have it serviced. It took well over a week to even get someone on the phone to schedule the pickup. Once They had my bike, they told me it had a cracked front manifold and that they couldn't fix it. Ok great...send it back. They insisted that they had no room to store it and that it had to be returned to me ASAP. I waited on the day they said they would bring it. Never showed up. Then the next day. Same thing. Never showed up. A few days later my scooter completely broke down on the highway at 45 mph. It just shut off and wouldn't start again. I had to push the scooter a mile back to my house late at night. I called the next day and told them what had happened. They assured me that they would make everything right. I was getting married the next day so we agreed to wait until I got back from my honeymoon. After about 4 or 5 messages left for either Bob or Richard to call me back with no results, I finally told the front desk to get Richard out of his "meeting" and get on the phone which he did and agreed for a full refund and to pick up the scooter and return my bike. He put Bob in charge of handling the situation. Bob and I arranged a time to call and discuss the details. When I called at that time, Bob had already gone home for the day, even though we agreed to talk at that time. I left a message for him and no returned call. Bob then called a the next week to say that they were on their way to drop off my bike and pick up the scooter. He never asked if I was home or ready for the transfer. Luckily my wife relayed the information and was able to meet him there. They have now had the scooter back in their possession for over a week and won't return any of my calls about the refund. They are avoiding me at all costs. I've left messages on their answering service as it seems like they answer the phone only sometimes. I've left messages with actual people who did answer the phone to have Richard or Bob call me back. Every time I call they are in "meetings". DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. I have now stopped trying to call them and they obviously are not proactive with their customers. They owe me a lot of money. Well over $1200.00 Horrible experience. I tried to let them make it right and they assured me they would. I will be bringing a lawsuit against them in the very near future if I don't receive my refund this week.

3  Thank Chuck S
AlohaMotorsports, Manager at Aloha Motorsports, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We are sorry to hear of your continued dissatisfaction, even though we've granted many exceptions to our company policies to try and help you. Please know we remain more than happy to address your case and find some way to make sure you are happy with us at Aloha Motorsports. We care very much about our customers and do what ever it takes to make them happy and make every effort to do what we can to give the best service.

Reading your review, we see there are many inaccuracies. We do not wish to address them in a public forum such as TripAdvisor, nor do we wish to address the reasons we could not bring you on staff. We would like to say that we've made many exceptions to company policy to try to help you, and we remain eager to continue to resolving this with you. Please contact us privately and we'll be happy to move forward.

For posterity, we do offer a warranty period on our used bikes and scooters. The warranty period is clearly written out and explained, and we advise all customers to be aware of these terms.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

They also sell Buddys, Vespas and other motorcycles but we went just to rent. They were very thorough and explained all the rules and disclaimers, etc. The distances look far on the map but it was very convenient to go all the way to the northern tip of the island and wander around the back streets. The rentals all come with helmets, locks and a full tank of gas. Hit the road and have a blast!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Staff was great! The bike was fun..
First time I've ever rented a motorcycle and it turned out to be a blast. It took maybe 15 minutes to walk in, rent the bike, n hit the road:) thanks for the great time!!
Carly

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were so thrilled with our decision to rent scooters and tool around during our quick (cruise ship) stop on Maui. Richard went above and beyond giving us tips on things to see, where to eat and what to order! Everyone was very friendly and was so enthusiastic. They genuinely wanted to see us have a good time while we were in Lahaina, and we did, thanks to their suggestions! I sort of want to buy a scooter now too. Oh, and let me tell you, their bathrooms are nicer than my bathroom at home. Very clean and well decorated. Well done, Aloha Motorsports. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The owners, Richard and Carol, and rest of the Aloha Motor Sports team know how to take care of their customers. My family and I had all of our questions answered with our beautiful Harley and scooter rentals. Thank you Aloha Motor Sports!

1  Thank Kristopher T