“Great for Kids”

Hang Loose Surf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf and Stand-Up Paddle Lessons for guys and girls of all ages, shapes, and sizes.
Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

This is the 2nd year my son has taken a lesson with Abner and one of the reasons we came back was because he couldn't stop talking about the experience. This year my 7 year old daughter decided to give it a try too.

Abner & Joanna are warm, vibrant, and know how to talk to and teach children. I was really worried about how my daughter would react after wiping out, but she seemed nothing but confident with Abner by her side.

My son keeps quoting all the tips he was given and is already talking about visiting again next year and catching even BIGGER waves! I can't recommend Hang Loose Surf Club enough! It's a must-do on your Hawaiian vacation!

Reviewed July 23, 2015

I took my first surf lesson while visitng Maui for the first time. It's something I really wanted to do and had been checking into it before we even left home, but felt unsure about the idea and the places I had been checking into. When we arrived, I went to make a reservation at another, highly advertised surf club, and it seemed okay, but the hours didn't work out for what else I had planned. To top it off, the young lady seemed a bit dismissive. I had given up on getting to take my lesson when we found out about Hang Loose Surf Club. I honestly believe nothing else worked out because I was supposed to learn from Abner. He was an excellent teacher, who was very patient and encouraging. I, and the two girls who were also in my class, all surfed the first wave we took, thanks to Abner's thorough instruction and encouraging words! Abner and his wife, Joanna, were such beautiful, kind people, with a true Aloha spirit. You cannot go wrong with this small, family business. I HIGHLY recommend it! ~ Celene

Reviewed July 22, 2015

We didn't know what to expect for our first time learning to surf, it blew all our expectations out of the water! Abner was a really good teacher, very patient, encouraging, and positive. Hang Loose is a small family-run business so you feel really welcome and comfortable right off the bat, smaller groups gives you lots of one-on-one time with the instructor. We both got up on our first waves! Thanks Abner for a great time!

Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

HLSC Is a small family run business on Front Street across from the Banyon Tree. We were more than impressed by the quality of service we received.Our girls could not have asked for a better instructor. Abner was very professional and personable. As well, he had a wonderful sense of humour.His instructions had our girls up on their first wave! I strongly recommend this great company for your surf experience!

Reviewed July 18, 2015

Went surfing for the first time ever today with my family. Abner and his wife (Joann) treated us like family. We all were able to get up and surf right off the bat. That included ages 7 - 50. If you are looking to go surfing or SUP this is the place to book with. Incredibly patient, encouraging and helpful. Thanks for an awesome time and something we will never forget!