“Great Experience”

Maui Spearfishing Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Be PROUD of the fish you catch and the skill you gain with Maui Spearfishing Academy! We only target big Game and Invasive species. We'll teach you how to dive and hunt in a sustainable a respectful way. Let us be the highlight of your trip. Just look at our reviews!
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great trip. Went out with Bobby for my first taste of Spear fishing. Bobby taught us about the reef the different types of fish and a great piece on safety and partner diving. He is an excellent teacher with lots of patience. To sum this up in one work AMAZING. If you want to try this sport call Bobby
Bert Martin

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was more than Spearfishing. It was an education in Freediving, Maui ocean and reef habitat and safety.

My daughter wants to be a Marine Biologist so I wanted her to learn how to Freedive and get to the deeper parts when snorkeling. No better way to do this than learning how to spearfish. She has never gone deeper 5 feet and that was in a pool. She managed to get to 15 feet with a speargun. Bobby was a great teacher and lots of fun.

This is a serious and fun experience. I was exhausted after the trip. If you are going to learn, Maui is a best.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Last year my son and I went out with Bobby for a free diving lesson and had an incredible experience with him. This year we went out and did the Spearfishing 101 and had another amazing experience. Bobby is a great teacher, super nice, patient and fun to be with! He tailors the lesson to the groups needs and knows what he is doing. We will definitely do this again and again. I also love how responsible he is with what type of fish are caught or not, helping the environment along the way!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was the highlight of my vacation. These guys took me from freediving 15' pool depths to comfortably enjoying 60' in beautiful Maui waters. Expert, safe, and encouraging instruction make for a unique and memorable way to enjoy Maui's greatest asset.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Bobby is an awesome teacher. I actually had never done free diving or spearfishing but being alone in Hawaii on vacation, I thought why not try it out. It turns out it was one of the best things I did on Maui :) I was really lucky because I had a private lesson for a few hours on free diving techniques and then learned how to spearfish. I was not the best student but Bobby is very patient and makes you feel secure in the sea. Whether you have tried this before or not, I strongly suggest that you hire Bobby on your next vacation so he can share his valuable knowledge with you and your family... It is absolutely well worth it ;) Thanks Bobby... When I'm back in Maui, I will be sure to go show you how I have improved ;) Patricia

1  Thank Patricia_C1976