Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fun, safe, informative, adventure!

Very professional. Great teacher. Felt very safe as he checks to make sure everything is perfect... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2020
828caraw
Vancouver, Washington
via mobile
Scuba diving for the first time.

Mike, Cody, and Jeff, took five of my family out for the first time, three of them didn't take to... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2020
JimMc8800

All reviews great dive padi advanced open water refresher course awesome experience night dive fish dive experience small group dives dove safety reef turtles maui adventure lesson eel
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2015

It was my first scuba diving experience and it was so great. Mike likes to talk a lot about diving and many other things, so it a very pleasant and friendly session and I learned interesting things about diving, surfing, Pacific Ocean and many other things,

After that I decided to finish the PADI Open Water Diver certification by taking another 3 sessions and a final exam. I'm still impressed - in the mornining of the first session I didn't know anything about diving at all (only what I've seen in movies) and in the evening of the second day I've became a certified diver. I didn't even had to study the official manual because Mike mentioned all the important things during the sessions and I paid attention.

Also, there was only one other person during the sessions so Mike could really give us both enough time which he would normally had to divide among 4 people. One other thing I liked very much was that it was not time restricted like "2 hours and that's it" but it felt more like take as much time as you need. Of course dives were restricted by the amount of air we had, but other than that there was a lot of chatting.

Mike is a pro, takes safety very seriously but he's also fun and has many nice stories, so you will definitely not be bored or put in danger. His equipment is new and he cares about it very well.

I would dive with him again and recommend him for getting certified.

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Me and my husband did scuba with Mike, it was our first time and Mike made the experience pretty good. I am not a swimmer so Mike took extra care of us, he only had me and my husband scheduled at the time slot. The under water was so beautiful. He was really caring about the whole dive. Definitely want to take more lesson with him to get certified next time.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank Anika_sharin
Reviewed October 7, 2015 via mobile

My teenage boys did the Padi Open Water with mike and had a great time too. Mike is full of information and loves a good talk! We enjoyed his company and if back on Maui would join him for another dive. We all did a scooter dive and those things are a lot of fun!

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank 880LouiseJ
Reviewed October 2, 2015 via mobile

Mike was very accomodating in booking the last minute dive and provided a 1-on-1 tour of Makena Landing for a reasonable price. He was fun and knowledgable, and had all the equipment (+ a scooter)! I recommend his guidance.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank dapenn2015
Reviewed August 22, 2015

I called and talked to scuba mike and told him I would like to dive with him. He said, "Great". I told him that I would be coming in on a cruise ship. He said that he was right down from the ship.
I ask if he could pick me up since we where doing a beach dive at a park some miles away. He said no, that I could take a taxi (it was expensive)..this should have been my first warning.
He then talked me into a dive with scoters for an extra cost......saying you could see me, and could earn a certification on them too, and would have the cert ready after the dive. I said sounds Great...but more to come on that.
I arrived at the beach dive 45 minutes before the arranged time. He was 1 hour late. I kept calling and he only answered 10 before he arrived. Next, he went on about how much better of a guide than the other companies and how he does all these actives for 20 minutes. Not as he was getting the equipment out.
Finally, he started getting the equipment out of his van. He said I couldn't take pictures because he didn't want the camera that was attached to me to get caught up in the propeller of the scooter. I had this brand new camera I bought for this trip and couldn't use it.
On the first dive everything was going great. We hit several dive sites and saw lots of marine life......But NO pictures. Then it went all sound. His scooter for me stop working out in the ocean. The first dive was cut short....my attitude was not a problem.
On second dive he rode his scooter while I hung on to him, because he couldn't get mine to work and didn't bring a back up. Not very fun trying to hang on with one hand.
After the 2nd dive, he went on about how lucky I was to dive with him and he was the only one on the island that used scooters. I asked if he was going to charge me half price for the scooter part since it broke down at the end of first dive? He said no, that I got to ride one. I wasn't happy about this. I asked him for my scooter cert. and he said he didn't do it.
I paid for 2 dives with scooters and a cert.for the scooters. That isn't what I got. He said he would mail the cert...which I never got.
Injury to insult...... I asked if he was going back to town where the cruise ship was and he said, yes. I asked if he could give me a ride back...and he said he didn't have room for me in the van....which he did. So, I had to call a taxi to come pick me up and take me back......I paid for a taxi both ways when he could have given me a ride. I would have even have paid him for transfers...but he was to busy to leave.
I have been diving since I was 10 years old starting in 1981. I have dove all over the world with many operators, including live a boards. This was the worst diving experience I have had today. The best was Tulsa Diving in Cairns AUS.
What to take from this review, "Try him at your own risk, you may have better luck".

Date of experience: October 2014