“Great intro to scuba for beginners not yet PADI certified”
Review of Scuba Mike

Scuba Mike
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha, let’s go scuba diving in Maui!Scuba Dive with the best hands on dive instructor available. Scuba Mike offers Scuba diving lessons, PADI certification, Scooter Dives, Night Dives, specialty dives and instruction for the novice or experienced diver.Scuba Mike specializes in Shore Dives, since most of Maui's great dive spots are all shore accessible. I am a passionate and accomplished scuba diver, I would be glad to take you for a dive on your visit, get your PADI certified, or take your diving to new depths with advanced diving programs, night dives, scooter dives and more!
Reviewed February 24, 2016

Scuba Mike is very patient and fun - interesting with a diverse skill set. Definitely recommend! Was able to get us in on short notice. Visited reef at 20 feet in small group (4 people). If you are interested in trying SCUBA, this is a great beginner experience.

1  Thank Heidi E
in 5 reviews
"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 14, 2015

It was my first scuba diving experience and it was so great. Mike likes to talk a lot about diving and many other things, so it a very pleasant and friendly session and I learned interesting things about diving, surfing, Pacific Ocean and many other things,

After that I decided to finish the PADI Open Water Diver certification by taking another 3 sessions and a final exam. I'm still impressed - in the mornining of the first session I didn't know anything about diving at all (only what I've seen in movies) and in the evening of the second day I've became a certified diver. I didn't even had to study the official manual because Mike mentioned all the important things during the sessions and I paid attention.

Also, there was only one other person during the sessions so Mike could really give us both enough time which he would normally had to divide among 4 people. One other thing I liked very much was that it was not time restricted like "2 hours and that's it" but it felt more like take as much time as you need. Of course dives were restricted by the amount of air we had, but other than that there was a lot of chatting.

Mike is a pro, takes safety very seriously but he's also fun and has many nice stories, so you will definitely not be bored or put in danger. His equipment is new and he cares about it very well.

I would dive with him again and recommend him for getting certified.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

Me and my husband did scuba with Mike, it was our first time and Mike made the experience pretty good. I am not a swimmer so Mike took extra care of us, he only had me and my husband scheduled at the time slot. The under water was so beautiful. He was really caring about the whole dive. Definitely want to take more lesson with him to get certified next time.

2  Thank Anika_sharin
Reviewed October 7, 2015 via mobile

My teenage boys did the Padi Open Water with mike and had a great time too. Mike is full of information and loves a good talk! We enjoyed his company and if back on Maui would join him for another dive. We all did a scooter dive and those things are a lot of fun!

1  Thank Louise J