“Amazing scuba experience”
Review of Scuba Mike

Scuba Mike
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha, let’s go scuba diving in Maui!Scuba Dive with the best hands on dive instructor available. Scuba Mike offers Scuba diving lessons, PADI certification, Scooter Dives, Night Dives, specialty dives and instruction for the novice or experienced diver.Scuba Mike specializes in Shore Dives, since most of Maui's great dive spots are all shore accessible. I am a passionate and accomplished scuba diver, I would be glad to take you for a dive on your visit, get your PADI certified, or take your diving to new depths with advanced diving programs, night dives, scooter dives and more!
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Me and my husband did scuba with Mike, it was our first time and Mike made the experience pretty good. I am not a swimmer so Mike took extra care of us, he only had me and my husband scheduled at the time slot. The under water was so beautiful. He was really caring about the whole dive. Definitely want to take more lesson with him to get certified next time.

2  Thank Anika_sharin
in 5 reviews
"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2015 via mobile

My teenage boys did the Padi Open Water with mike and had a great time too. Mike is full of information and loves a good talk! We enjoyed his company and if back on Maui would join him for another dive. We all did a scooter dive and those things are a lot of fun!

1  Thank Louise J
Reviewed October 2, 2015 via mobile

Mike was very accomodating in booking the last minute dive and provided a 1-on-1 tour of Makena Landing for a reasonable price. He was fun and knowledgable, and had all the equipment (+ a scooter)! I recommend his guidance.

2  Thank dapenn2015
Reviewed August 22, 2015

I called and talked to scuba mike and told him I would like to dive with him. He said, "Great". I told him that I would be coming in on a cruise ship. He said that he was right down from the ship.
I ask if he could pick me up since we where doing a beach dive at a park some miles away. He said no, that I could take a taxi (it was expensive)..this should have been my first warning.
He then talked me into a dive with scoters for an extra cost......saying you could see me, and could earn a certification on them too, and would have the cert ready after the dive. I said sounds Great...but more to come on that.
I arrived at the beach dive 45 minutes before the arranged time. He was 1 hour late. I kept calling and he only answered 10 before he arrived. Next, he went on about how much better of a guide than the other companies and how he does all these actives for 20 minutes. Not as he was getting the equipment out.
Finally, he started getting the equipment out of his van. He said I couldn't take pictures because he didn't want the camera that was attached to me to get caught up in the propeller of the scooter. I had this brand new camera I bought for this trip and couldn't use it.
On the first dive everything was going great. We hit several dive sites and saw lots of marine life......But NO pictures. Then it went all sound. His scooter for me stop working out in the ocean. The first dive was cut short....my attitude was not a problem.
On second dive he rode his scooter while I hung on to him, because he couldn't get mine to work and didn't bring a back up. Not very fun trying to hang on with one hand.
After the 2nd dive, he went on about how lucky I was to dive with him and he was the only one on the island that used scooters. I asked if he was going to charge me half price for the scooter part since it broke down at the end of first dive? He said no, that I got to ride one. I wasn't happy about this. I asked him for my scooter cert. and he said he didn't do it.
I paid for 2 dives with scooters and a cert.for the scooters. That isn't what I got. He said he would mail the cert...which I never got.
Injury to insult...... I asked if he was going back to town where the cruise ship was and he said, yes. I asked if he could give me a ride back...and he said he didn't have room for me in the van....which he did. So, I had to call a taxi to come pick me up and take me back......I paid for a taxi both ways when he could have given me a ride. I would have even have paid him for transfers...but he was to busy to leave.
I have been diving since I was 10 years old starting in 1981. I have dove all over the world with many operators, including live a boards. This was the worst diving experience I have had today. The best was Tulsa Diving in Cairns AUS.
What to take from this review, "Try him at your own risk, you may have better luck".

9  Thank GCande7228