Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun, safe, informative, adventure!

Very professional. Great teacher. Felt very safe as he checks to make sure everything is perfect... read more

Reviewed June 14, 2020
828caraw
Vancouver, Washington
via mobile
Scuba diving for the first time.

Mike, Cody, and Jeff, took five of my family out for the first time, three of them didn't take to... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2020
JimMc8800

All reviews great dive padi advanced open water refresher course awesome experience night dive fish dive experience small group dives dove safety reef turtles maui adventure lesson eel
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2015 via mobile

My teenage boys did the Padi Open Water with mike and had a great time too. Mike is full of information and loves a good talk! We enjoyed his company and if back on Maui would join him for another dive. We all did a scooter dive and those things are a lot of fun!

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank 880LouiseJ
Reviewed October 2, 2015 via mobile

Mike was very accomodating in booking the last minute dive and provided a 1-on-1 tour of Makena Landing for a reasonable price. He was fun and knowledgable, and had all the equipment (+ a scooter)! I recommend his guidance.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank dapenn2015
Reviewed August 22, 2015

I called and talked to scuba mike and told him I would like to dive with him. He said, "Great". I told him that I would be coming in on a cruise ship. He said that he was right down from the ship.
I ask if he could pick me up since we where doing a beach dive at a park some miles away. He said no, that I could take a taxi (it was expensive)..this should have been my first warning.
He then talked me into a dive with scoters for an extra cost......saying you could see me, and could earn a certification on them too, and would have the cert ready after the dive. I said sounds Great...but more to come on that.
I arrived at the beach dive 45 minutes before the arranged time. He was 1 hour late. I kept calling and he only answered 10 before he arrived. Next, he went on about how much better of a guide than the other companies and how he does all these actives for 20 minutes. Not as he was getting the equipment out.
Finally, he started getting the equipment out of his van. He said I couldn't take pictures because he didn't want the camera that was attached to me to get caught up in the propeller of the scooter. I had this brand new camera I bought for this trip and couldn't use it.
On the first dive everything was going great. We hit several dive sites and saw lots of marine life......But NO pictures. Then it went all sound. His scooter for me stop working out in the ocean. The first dive was cut short....my attitude was not a problem.
On second dive he rode his scooter while I hung on to him, because he couldn't get mine to work and didn't bring a back up. Not very fun trying to hang on with one hand.
After the 2nd dive, he went on about how lucky I was to dive with him and he was the only one on the island that used scooters. I asked if he was going to charge me half price for the scooter part since it broke down at the end of first dive? He said no, that I got to ride one. I wasn't happy about this. I asked him for my scooter cert. and he said he didn't do it.
I paid for 2 dives with scooters and a cert.for the scooters. That isn't what I got. He said he would mail the cert...which I never got.
Injury to insult...... I asked if he was going back to town where the cruise ship was and he said, yes. I asked if he could give me a ride back...and he said he didn't have room for me in the van....which he did. So, I had to call a taxi to come pick me up and take me back......I paid for a taxi both ways when he could have given me a ride. I would have even have paid him for transfers...but he was to busy to leave.
I have been diving since I was 10 years old starting in 1981. I have dove all over the world with many operators, including live a boards. This was the worst diving experience I have had today. The best was Tulsa Diving in Cairns AUS.
What to take from this review, "Try him at your own risk, you may have better luck".

Date of experience: October 2014
9  Thank GCande7228
Reviewed June 30, 2015

I had Mike train and certify my 15 year old daughter and her friend on this trip. Mike was awesome, communicated very well with the girls and got them all certified up. Cannot tell you how much I appreciate his patience and his professionalism. We will be diving with him again next year!!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Rdgprez
Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

Diving was one of my "must dos" on my trip to Maui a few weeks ago. I hadn't been diving since I first got certified a few years ago, so I had some anxiety about it. I have to say, I could not have picked a better instructor. Mike was patient, but he was also able to refresh my memory very quickly. I recommend the scooters. ..so fun!
He was also very accommodating as I had to book my dive just 1 day in advance. Tons of diving companies in Lahaina, but Scuba Mike's is the way to go...hands down! What a personable guy, very friendly and professional.
Thanks Mike, I will definitely be calling you if I am fortunate enough to get back there!

Date of experience: June 2015