“Really cool folksy show” 4 of 5 bubbles

Slack Key Show
Ranked #7 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Slack Key Show takes place on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.M. With master slack-key guitarist George Kahumoku Jr. As host and Peter deAquino as co-host. Each week we feature renowned slack-key guitarists and other Hawaiian musicians (sometimes ukulele, falsetto, or steel guitarists) to share traditional Hawaiian Music with you. Mahalo and hope we will see you at the show!
Chicago, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really cool folksy show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We love Hawaiian music and loved the stories that host George Jr. told and loved hearing and watching the steel guitar being played.

Athens, Greece
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you want to get a taste of the Hawaiian music this show is a must! Especially if you like that kind of music. It is not tiring, it is a bit expensive but worth the cost so I suggest you go and relax with the sounds of slack key guitar!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Close up With the True Masters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

It does not get better than this. Naplili Kai and slack key. George is the legend. This is a must evening.

Mount Vernon, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Get Your ALOHA Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

While in Maui during June and July, I had the opportunity to revisit George Kahumoku's Slack Key Show featuring the masters of Hawaiian music. As always the show was fantastic - Ledward Kaapana was the featured guest - he is great and deserves the title of Grand Master. However, I got much more than just another great show of Hawaiian music. I tried to schedule our trip to catch the week long slack key workshop that George hosts each June so that I could learn more about playing slack key guitar. Unfortunately we arrived mid way through the week of the workshop. I called Nancy (George's wife, who like many women are really the ones who make things happen) and she invited me to join the group the next morning. She provided me with copies of the written material from the workshop, introduced me to people and took time out of her busy day to help me. I set up two private sessions with George and was treated to his perfect explanation of the music he loves. George and Nancy Kahumoku are amazing people who are truly helping perpetuate this music and simply have "Aloha" in their psyche. Go to the Slack Key Show, but take the time to talk to George and Nancy as well as the other performers - they will add to your life!

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Master: A Hawaiian Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is an awesome show every time. We have experienced many wonderful nights listening to Peter, Garrett, George, Sterling and Guests!
Last time was a few weeks ago when we say Uncle Richard Ho'opii. Check out the film about Uncle George. Beautifully done. Uncle George also grows coffee, goats, chickens, ducks and small horses on his farm. He is truly a "renaissance man"