“Blue meal”
Review of Blue Lagoon Lahaina - CLOSED

Blue Lagoon Lahaina
Description: Welcome to new and improved Blue Lagoon! Our restaurant is home to the best Authentic Hawaiian Cuisine on the whole island of Maui. Browse through our pictures to see some of our delicious drinks, appetizers and mouth watering entrees. Try our refreshing drinks and smoothies with local fresh fruits. Catch us during Happy Hour from 2pm - 6pm for half off drinks and appetizers!
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We had the Jalepeno Popper burger. It had surprisingly good flavor. The menu choices weren't overly abundant. You are allowed one refill , which we had to ask for. My husband did not receive his and my drink was filled with warm tea, no ice. The proprietor drew us in with the offer of 30% off food items. When the bill came it was only 20%. Would not recommend.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

First of all nothing is more upsetting to me than everyone being served at different times. We were a group of 6 people, 2 meals came out then 5 or more minutes the others arrived. I ordered fish and chips. The batter was well done, the fish was 1/2 cooked. I can not say what the others though of the food but to me a disappointment.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband Michael and I went here almost every day of our trip!. Family owned restaurant,fantastic food and warm friendly people. From the front door man "lucky" He is very friendly and knowledgeable. We met a fantastic waitress there Joann. Very friendly and knows the area very well. The food is outstanding from fresh seafood to to down home. cheeseburgers. We made some great friendships here! We will miss this place!! When we go back this is our first stop!! If you want great food and a warm friendly place go here!!!!!! Miss these guys!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had every intention of going for burgers at Cool Cats, but as we were entering the area, an employee enticed us with the words "happy hour" and $2 draft. He said they had great burgers and we should give them a try. We went downstairs to the bar area, and promptly found out that the draft taps weren't working so my husband couldn't have the beer he wanted, he had to choose a bottled beer instead, which cost a little more. We made our burger selection and asked to upgrade the orders with sides of onion rings and sweet potato fries, which was an additional $2 each. My husband ordered the jalapeno popper burger and I ordered a Lahaina burger. After about 10 minutes, the waiter came back to tell us that they couldn't make my husbands order, and he would have to choose a different type of burger. The bar was not busy and our food took a long time to come. My burger was supposed to come with sauteed onions and crushed pineapple, instead it came with raw onion and a slice of pineapple that looked like it came from a can. My husband's burger was also supposed to have sauteed onions, it too came with raw onion. The burgers were tasty but not what we expected. When we received our bill, we found that they had charged us $2,50 each for onion rings and sweet potato fries instead ot the $2 quoted on the menu. The bar was not busy and our food took a long time to come. Very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

As a Lahaina resident, I wanted to check out this restaurant as reviews seemed to be all over the place. The first test I usually do is breakfast if it is offered. I can usually get a pretty good feel for a place by how they handle breakfast.
Our waiter was quick to bring us water and returned very timely with our coffee order including our request for cream (you would be surprised how many times that request has to be repeated at many places).
Our breakfast order was written down-(note to servers-don't try to impress us with your memory, I have seen too many mistakes because of doing that) and delivered quite promptly and everything was correct-eggs over medium, wheat toast, side dishes, etc. My portuguese sausage was some of the best I have had on Island and my wife's bacon was also very good. The server was back to check on our meal, and even brought coffee refills; something a lot of more expensive restaurants fail to do. This Scandinavian likes his coffee, and if they can keep my cup full, I am always impressed!
As they have recently updated their menus and happy hour, I look forward to reviewing other meals.
Don't be fooled by the steps down into the shopping complex; the seating is very "open air" in the inner courtyard, with a koi pond alongside some of the tables. Their prices are also as reasonable as you will find on Front Street.