“A great place to find awesome, authentic hawaiian food with a great atmosphere”
Review of Blue Lagoon Lahaina - CLOSED

Blue Lagoon Lahaina
Description: Welcome to new and improved Blue Lagoon! Our restaurant is home to the best Authentic Hawaiian Cuisine on the whole island of Maui. Browse through our pictures to see some of our delicious drinks, appetizers and mouth watering entrees. Try our refreshing drinks and smoothies with local fresh fruits. Catch us during Happy Hour from 2pm - 6pm for half off drinks and appetizers!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

All I can say is bravo to the new owners of the previously named Da' Kitchen, which has been featured on numerous travel shows in the past. The name has changed to The Blue Lagoon but more importantly, the food has had an very good upgrade. This spot has been a local favorite for years due to it's traditional hawaiian foods. And we loved it cause we grew up with it. But I can honestly admit that the new owners have done it WAY better, where I once went out of tradition I now go cause I crave the food. So if you are wanting a taste of traditional Hawaiian food you gotta check it out. Everything tastes fresh and vibrant instead of heavy, greasy and old fashion, like much of the traditional food found on the island.

The retaurant is located in the heart of Lahina on Front St, right across from the world renowned Banyan tree. Still, I will admit it's sort of in a weird spot as it's lower than street level on the first floor of an open air shopping center so no great views. But you are just steps away from Front st so somehow you still feel like you're in the mix and it works. It's a perfect spot to grab lunch, dinner, or a cocktail at their very friendly and inviting bar, while shopping and strolling through Lahaina. The staff were friendly and attentive too, which I must say is also a change from the previous owners and employees. And you probably will get to see the new owners, there as well, either cooking in the kitchen or bartending, which is kind of cool I think. It just shows they really care about their restaurant and are serious about it's success. And it shows in the food.

So while eating at the old Da'Kitchen use to be a tradition for me every time I returned home to Maui, now I just gotta eat at the Blue Lagoon at least once, if not more that once, on every visit home.

Oh and my favorite thing on the menu is the Lau Lau. I get the traditional Luau meal with all the side dishes. My hubby loves the Kalua Pork and I mean he craves the stuff. So Thanks to the new owners for making a good thing so much better. :)

There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Lahaina

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We have been to Maui several times with our best friends. Maui is the best place to take your vacation. Everytime we visit Lahaina, we stop at the Blue Lagoon Lahaina and have something to eat and some Tropical drinks. The Blue Lagoon Lahaina located in the Wharf just across the street form the Banyan tree. The owner, Phoebe and staff are very friendly and nice people. Whenever you are in Lahaina you must stop and have an excellent meal and a drink or two. We will see you again in April, 2013 Phoebe!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Welcoming staff and fun late night dancing! There are a great variety of local bands and djs playing on different nights. Also local artists playing during dinner time on certain days... Think Friday for sure.
Ideal location across the street from the banyan tree in downtown Lahaina.
Phoebe, Ron, and Gary are great cooks!!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

i like to go around to new places just to try their chowder soup....i like to see if its homemade or canned. I learned that you can tell a lot about a restarant by it's chowder, thats a fact! the soup here is amazing!!! my girlfriend had the crab ragoon then we split the fish n chips.....large portions (big enough to share) sat us next to a waterfall, very romantic.....will be back soon for more!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place was tucked away behind the activity booth. Found it right on time for happy hour $3 Mai Tais and way better than the cruise mai tai. Reasonably priced food had the fish tacos tasty and filling.